Author Topic: Mitel 3300 system command to see total number of calls?  (Read 8994 times)

Offline armstr_a

• View Profile
Mitel 3300 system command to see total number of calls?
« on: August 23, 2012, 04:05:22 AM »
Hi,

I have a query if it is possible to see the total number of calls that have gone through our mitel 3300 phone system. Or even better if it can be see via an individual phone extension?

Would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction on the management console.

Thanks in advance.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 3300 system command to see total number of calls?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 05:44:38 AM »
There isn't an accounting system built in - you'd need a 3rd party call accounting system for that.

But, what you can do is read the smdr logs and perhaps import them into Excel.

The command to do that is "logs re smdr new 20000 ma <extension number to track>".

You have to be sure SMDR is turned on in COS of the phones and trunks and you need to edit the SMDR form to tell the system what and how to display the records.

Ralph

Offline armstr_a

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 06:12:46 AM »
Hi Ralph,

Thanks for the command. It appears to be providing the information. Did check the COS/Trunks and SMDR was enabled for external.

Do i have to run it on a extension at a time basis then? or can i do it from the directory number range and allow it to run. Like you say it looks like alot of filtering in excel will be required.

Does this record incoming and outgoing to the extension number also?

Thanks again

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 07:38:52 AM »
The command searches the smdr record for whatever string you put in there.   The system only track the last 20,000 calls.
You'd have to run the command for each extension at a time.
Weather it tracks incoming or out going calls depends on how you've programmed the SMDR form.

If you need to do this a lot then you may have to purchase a call accounting system.   Prairie Fyre actively supports this forum directly so it's a good choice for a full blown system.   

There is another member of this forum that is working on writing his own system for a light weight call tracking system.   Not sure what his stats is but perhaps he may want to jump in on this conversation.

Ralph

Offline armstr_a

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 08:15:06 AM »
Thanks for the info Ralph.

I keep getting -

LOGSYS warning: No more entries for SMDR log.                                   
LOGSYS info: READ completed for SMDR log with 14082 entries. 

And when i do ever get results it seems to be a different directory number that i specified?

command i am using is - LOGSYS READ smdr NEWEST 20000 MATCH 2422 

*(2422 being an internal dn here)

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 09:18:11 AM »
When you do a match, it will return any record that has that string in it anywhere.   So if you match 2222 it will show calls made by extension 2222 and also calls made to 555-333-2222.

If you're doing a search for an extension and it doesn't return anything, that means (1) that extension didn't make or receive calls or (2) the system isn't programmed to track that system.   Check the COS of the phone.

Note:  the system will only track outbound calls based on the prime line.  It doesn't do key appearances.

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10