Author Topic: 5600 connected to Multitech Faxfinder IP device  (Read 5169 times)

Offline dfleschute

• What now?
    • View Profile
5600 connected to Multitech Faxfinder IP device
« on: August 21, 2012, 09:34:11 AM »
Hello,
   The Multitech FaxFinder FF240-IP is an IP based Fax-to-Email appliance.  It uses T.38 for fax transmission.  We have tried every (known to us) option for communications between the two devices.  Communications are great until it starts using T.38.  The 5600 replies with unknown port or malformed packet.  Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is not working?

Thank you

Offline smarbar

• View Profile
Re: 5600 connected to Multitech Faxfinder IP device
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 10:31:35 AM »
We had the same problem with fax over SIP trunks, when we asked Mitel about the reply we got was that T.38 on the 5k is only supported for system to system communication.

Offline dfleschute

• What now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 10:55:01 AM »
That's what it says in the manual.  However, a Multitech partner, who also sells Mitel, claims to have gotten it to work.  He now won't tell us how he did it.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 06:16:04 PM »
That's what it says in the manual.  However, a Multitech partner, who also sells Mitel, claims to have gotten it to work.  He now won't tell us how he did it.
Lol... if I had a nickel for every time...

We were told the same thing, T.38 is only supported in inter-system networking, not to devices.

Offline dfleschute

• What now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 09:28:22 AM »
Multitech is providing software which does not rely upon T.38.  Hopefully that will work.  I do have another programming issue.  How do I get inbound calls to connect.  I have inbound routing to ARS with a Route Group and Facility Group connecting to the SIP trunks.  When the call gets to the SIP trunks, it just has a dial tone.  It does not continue the call.  Do you know how I can get the call to forward over the SIP trunks?

Offline dfleschute

• What now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 10:51:47 AM »
The updated software was ineffective.

Offline dfleschute

• What now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 04:05:27 PM »
After many setting changes.  I can send a fax to the faxfinder via IC, but not CO.  Can anyone help me with this routing issue?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 07:56:30 PM »
Intertel has an interop document somewhere... give me a little bit and I will see if I can get it to you.

Hmmm... it is only for the Analog ones, but the same should still apply

Basically, make a Hunt Group and tag it as a VM hunt group and put all the FaxFinder ports in it (with SIP this may or may not require the VM unt Group flag, this MAY also require the Analog VM Hunt Group license, not sure), then make a system forward path that points to that hunt group, then make some phantom extensions and apply the system forward path you created above and select all calls always and from all destinations, then point the fax DID digits to the phantom extensions. the phantom extension numbers will appear to the faxserver and you make your routing in that based on those numbers.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 08:02:19 PM by acejavelin »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10