Author Topic: Mitel 5000 analog long distance  (Read 4008 times)

Offline steve swart

• View Profile
Mitel 5000 analog long distance
« on: August 02, 2012, 04:06:57 PM »
Working on getting the fax to dial long distance. It's restricted right now. I'm looking at exts that can and the only difference I can see was the ones that could uses echo pass 1. The fax extension was set to echo pass 3 so I changed it to 1 but that didn't work. How do I change my fax extension 182 to dial long distance? What am I missing guys or am I just tarded? lol :s)

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Mitel 5000 analog long distance
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 07:10:32 PM »
Check the extension's Outbound Extension and COR, set them the same as the other phones. Then check the trunk group and make sure it allowed access to that. Don't have time to go into much details, heading out the door and checked some sites quick and saw you didn't get an answer and wanted to give you something to go on, if I get time this weekend I will try to help, otherwise won't be until late Sunday night or Monday.

Offline steve swart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 12:29:48 PM »
They are set the same and phones use the same trunk group dial 8 access... Doesn't make sense.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 11:36:17 PM »
OK, maybe I am not understanding, let me try to touch on everything... You verified:

- The outgoing extension is the same as phones that work
- The day and night COS are the same as ones that work or blank
- House Phone is set to NO
- In CO Trunk Groups Outgoing Access, Answer Access, and Emergency Access the extensions are listed, or are part of the extension list (Most systems use 'PP051 Auto: All Stations' by default, but check that it is there and that those extensions are in that list!)

If these four things are good, your extension should be able to dial out...

If these don't work, are you using ARS (outbound extension set to 92000)?

Offline steve swart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 11:27:13 AM »
All these things were the same but Yes I am using ARS Outbound ext 92000... What are you thinking? :s)

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 12:10:40 AM »
Try changing these extensions to access the trunk group directly... it is not really a fix, more of a bypass. Just change the Outbound Extension on these extensions to be the extension number of the analog line trunk group (usually 92001 by default), then pressing 8 will return outside dialtone immediately (will not return a soft dialtone prompt and route through ARS), the digit will instead go directly on the trunk from the device.

To be honest, on systems with only analog trunks and have no special needs for ARS, like network routing, I usually skip ARS completely and just use the trunk group as the outbound extension, it just seems to work smoother.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 12:13:25 AM by acejavelin »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10