Author Topic: Voice Mail Options  (Read 2628 times)

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
Voice Mail Options
« on: August 03, 2012, 12:06:55 PM »
When we did our Mitel Upgrade last December, we kept our 5000 and Mitel cleaned it up, upgraded it to a current state and added MAS and AWC.  We also "downgraded" our VM from "enterprise" to basic VM.  So, whereas our VM was in a separate Win2K3 box, now it's in some solid state cards inserted directly into the 5000.

Amazingly, no one ever told us about Nupoint nor had I heard of it.

We're on a 5 year lease directly with Mitel, so we can add things at will if we want - it will just increase the monthly payments.

So, my question post is...should I ditch the basic VM and go to NuPoint?  It looks like it integrates nicely with MAS, and therefore it integrates nicely with UCA and UC Mobile.  It just looks like it's a more integrated solution.

Or, should I be happy with what I have and avoid headaches that I might not even realize are out there?  I don't even know what the cost is, so it may be a moot point anyway.

Thanks for your feedback.

Adam in DC

Offline markyb73

• View Profile
Re: Voice Mail Options
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 03:38:15 PM »
Hello,

A year or so ago i was contracted to another Mitel Reseller to install a Nupoint to replace the Enterprise Server on a 5000. Unfortunately due to problems upgrading the 5000 to the level needed to support Nupoint and being involved with other projects i didn't get to make it live with the 5000. Roll on a couple of weeks and the customer hated it, said it was too slow to answer, and other various problems with it (which i think that was because Nupoint integration with a 5000 was new), the server got ripped out and replaced with the onboard 5000 voicemail.
In my opinion if you are not going to use full UM with Exchange etc etc and don't need 10's of thousand of mailboxes i can't honestly see why you would need Nupoint over 5000 voicemail. I have only been working with the 5000 for a short period of time and i think the vm is brilliant what it can do out of the box.
I see what you are saying about the Nupoint on MAS integrating with the other apps, but its so easy to set up vm etc on a 5000 i don't think there is a massive benefit to it.
For us 3300 techs/users Nupoint is great as our own embedded vm system is good for just mailboxes but a headache for any decent auto attendant setups, i guess Mitel have developed the Nupoint to work on 5000 as they want all their products to work with both phone systems.
All i can say is maybe get Mitel to demo it to you and see what you think....i personally wouldn't bother with a Nupoint for a 5000, i am sure there may be others here who could shed some more light on Nupoint with 5000 :)

Mark.

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 03:52:31 PM »
Great feedback.  Thx. 

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile