Author Topic: NuPoint - Skipping Message Header Envelope  (Read 7052 times)

Offline jmurray

• Contributer
    • View Profile
NuPoint - Skipping Message Header Envelope
« on: July 27, 2012, 03:22:15 PM »
I did a search and saw this question asked by Ralph about a year ago but there weren't any replies.  I have the same question so I am asking again in case someone has come up with a solution:

When a user listens to voicemail, there is a header envelope with the timestamp and caller ID or name of the caller that always plays before the message.  I have a user that wants to skip through that header envelope information and just get to the message.  Does anyone know of a way to do this with a key combination on the phone while the message is playing or will it require turning that feature off for all users or putting this user in a separate fcos group?

Jeff

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: NuPoint - Skipping Message Header Envelope
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 09:43:20 PM »
You can do this by making an FCOS that doesn't include the "Play Message Envelope" feature bit and apply it to that user... then for that user to hear the message envelope information they just need to press "5" well the message is playing.

Offline jmurray

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 05:23:55 PM »
That was what I was looking for but I'm just really dense.  I can't find an FCOS bit that has anything to do with playing the message envelope or header or whatever.  Do you have a number on that FCOS bit that controls the message envelope/header please?

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 08:05:53 PM »
I've just had a look and can't find anything either for that. It would probably be a handy one to know though as I'm sure that it will pop up at some point.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 12:37:09 AM »
Guess I don't see it either, but I seem to remember Mitel Mail having that as an FCOS bit or maybe I am just losing it a little bit.

BUT... Have you tried adding FCOS bits 48 & 49?  It would be partially what you are looking for...

048 No Auto-timestamp of Unplayed Msgs

The server will not play time stamps for previously unplayed messages, and the user will not know when messages were actually received. Use this when the user has a voice pager with limited time. To hear the time stamp, the user presses T while the message plays, or T-1 if the FCOS includes feature bit 204 (Message skip, forward and backward). The user cannot play the time stamp if the FCOS includes feature bit 144 (Skip forward to next message). When a user replays a message, the time stamp plays if feature bit 049 (No auto-time stamp of played msgs) is not in the FCOS. Requires feature bit 050 (Play messages).

049 No Auto-timestamp of Played Msgs

The server will not play time stamps for previously played messages, and the user will not know when messages were actually received. However, if that user gives a message to a mailbox without this feature bit, the time stamp plays for the recipient. To hear the time stamp, the user presses T while the message plays, or T-1 if the FCOS includes feature bit 204 (Message skip, forward and backward). The user cannot play the time stamp if the FCOS includes feature bit 144 (Skip forward to next message). Requires feature bits: 050 (Play messages), 053 (Keep messages)

You could also add FCOS bits 82 & 83 and just let the user skip it.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 12:43:04 AM by acejavelin »

Offline jmurray

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 07:28:28 PM »
Thanks for the FCOS tips.  Bits 82 and 83 are checked but it seems that no matter what button I press when the header is playing, it won't skip that information.  It must be some other conflicting FCOS or something.  I'll keep playing around with the settings but if anyone else reading this thread can successfully skip the header information of a voicemail, please let me know so I at least know it is possible.  Thanks!

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2012, 08:43:29 PM »
For reference, here is a listing of the NuPoint FCOS bits:

www.mitelforums.com/articles/nupoint/nupoint_fcos-bits.php

Ralph

Online v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2012, 10:03:11 PM »
Try 140

Offline messenger

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 12:37:46 PM »
A feature will be added in NPM 6.0 to address this.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10