Author Topic: Rerouting a DID that is routed to an analog extension  (Read 4223 times)

Offline shermosillo

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Rerouting a DID that is routed to an analog extension
« on: July 26, 2012, 12:58:12 PM »
I am attempting to reroute a DID to a different analog extension.  I can't figure out how the DID is routed.  I have looked in the System Speed Call Assignment and don't see the number there.  I have tried creating a new entry and I get a message stating "The directory number is defined elsewhere".  I am not sure where else to look.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Rerouting a DID that is routed to an analog extension
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 02:07:55 PM »
You looked in the right spot for normal routing.  - system speed dials.
What is the extn your dialing and what are the significant digits of the DID?

Go to maint commands and enter "loc <significant DID digits>"  and let us know what it says.

Also, is is possible that a different switch is handling the translation?

Ralph

Offline JoeShmo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 03:11:42 PM »
also check the call rerouting, as some installers love to build up phantom phones with a pile of DIDs just so they can reroute in the rerouting form rather than the system speed call.

Offline shermosillo

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 03:26:34 PM »
There is a Call Rerouting Assingnment for this number(4352).  Can I reroute via this form.  I want to route to 4270.

Offline JoeShmo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 11:40:54 AM »
yes.  you'll have to create a new "Call Rerouting Always Alternatives" definition that points to 4270 in the "Call Rerouting Always Alternatives" form.  Then, in call rerouting, set 4352 to go to that newly created index.

I'm not sure how to find a non-prime number.  Could try user and device config, and search for the name "phantom", and hope that whoever created it put it in that way, then you can delete that number and use a speedcall... OR do the call rerouting like I mentioned above.

Offline markyb73

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 04:39:41 PM »
If you do a LOCATE NUMBER xxx and it refers to something like non prime broadcast group it will probably be a key on a phone or maybe a console softkey (I think!).

On older sw loads you can go into multiline set group assignment or on the more recent loads multiline appearance groups and search for the number, that will tell you what phone the key is on and what key number, so you can delete it if needed and recreate somewhere else.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10