Author Topic: How to stop a user dialling full ddi number for internal extension?  (Read 4131 times)

Offline ASCStech

• View Profile
Guys,
we have a range of customers all using the PABX each with a 4 digit extension number that matches the last four digits of the respective ddi range. However many users still dial the full ddi instead of the extension number. What i want to do is avoid paying toll charges for any calls between extensions when the full ddi number is dialled. i assume it is somewhere within the ARS tables but cant see how terminate the route selection where the ddi prefix has been dialled.
Because we have a 4 x 100 number ranges and 2 x E1 links this is starting to get a bit costly.
A few pointers in the general direction would be great.
Thanks

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
Re: How to stop a user dialling full ddi number for internal extension?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 04:42:07 AM »
you just need to create a specific ARS route for your number range so lets say your ddi range was, 01234567000-7100 you would add an ARS route 901234567NNN can set the rute to be a route which is barred against all COR's

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 08:40:19 AM »
Or if you really wanted to be fancy, you could set your intercept handling to send to an extension on toll deny.  Forward that extension to an announce mailbox that says "don't dial all those digits, silly"

Ralph

Offline JoeShmo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 11:09:57 AM »
You could also setup some matching rules in ARS, use a digit modification plan to strip out all those leading digits, and then send the call out a looped trunk group (If you have a spare dual E1 card,  looping the two ports, and creating a tie trunk).  If you already have two PBXs, then just strip the digits and send it over to the other PBX via IP/XNET, and let it route it back (as long as neither PBX complains of tromboning)

Sounds a little crazy, but at least it'll just "work" no matter what the users dial, without having to tell them how to dial, or give them reorder.

There's GOT to be a more elegant way rather than looping a T1/E1 back though, or just flat denying/RADing...

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 11:32:23 AM »
You can do that with IP trunks.
No T1/E1 card required.
That's still a lot of work  though.  I'd use bobcheeses solution.

Ralph

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 06:37:16 PM »
I say let them dial it... just tell them for every call they make that way that could have been placed internally, it will cost them $2 out of their paycheck per call... The calls will stop almost instantly, or at least after their next paycheck!

When you want people to change... hit their wallet!!!

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 07:59:18 PM »
I would do it with an IP networking loop back, as well as a notification to all staff to think before dialling.
If you tell them that this is costing the company x number of thousands of dollars per month and they wont be able to afford pay rises this year, then it should solve the problem fairly quickly.  :)

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 09:54:57 PM »
I still like my first method best. - less work -
Use intercept handling to route to a mailbox that says "For cost saving purposes, please only dial the last 4 digits of the number you just dialed."   Then make them redial.   

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10