Author Topic: Intercept Handling  (Read 4313 times)

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Intercept Handling
« on: March 12, 2009, 07:13:44 PM »
I have a cluster that has several remote 3300s connected via point to point T1s. I would like to send calls to a mailbox that informs them that they are being transfered to the call center when one of the connections goes down. I have the message and the transfer part working when it is dialed directly. My problem is when one of the sites cannot be reached from an outside caller I get the AT&T message not my message.

The DIDs that I am attempting to redirect are just entries in the OPS telephone directory. I used the same setup in my lab (sans PRI) and it worked. I assume that this is possible even though there is no location to enter the intercept number for these numbers since they are not devices on the local controller.

I have entered my phantom extension number in the fields for directory number out of service and trunk out of service.

I am using intercept number 1.

Thanks for any help.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Intercept Handling
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 09:59:47 AM »
I assume you have the phantom number forwarded on an always condition to VM and when you call the phantom number it works.

As a test, in the intercept handling form change all to  options to the phantom number.  The interecept handling is applied to the INCOMING trunk.  Not the outgoing trunk.

If that doesn't work, you may have to create a trunk loop back to send it out a route and then back into the same PBX.  Really ugly.

Ralph
www.DodgeTruckSpotlight.com

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10