Author Topic: UCA 5.0 - Group Policy?  (Read 4104 times)

Offline harts

• Contributer
    • View Profile
UCA 5.0 - Group Policy?
« on: July 20, 2012, 05:22:32 AM »
Hi

We are rolling out UCA 5.0 across the organisation and have packaged the application ready for silent install and no user interaction.

We would like to be able to control the configurable settings from a central location and lock them down from users being able to change them.

Does anyone know how we can do this? I would expect there is a GP template out there but cannot seem to find one.

Thanks in advance

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
Re: UCA 5.0 - Group Policy?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 07:21:50 AM »
I saw no template for 4.  I doubt there is one for 5. 

That being said, once deployed I doubt any users will change key uca settings.  I have 65 users.  Hasn't happened yet. 

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 06:57:07 PM »
There isn't one available from Mitel, but if you want to create one it wouldn't be that hard. Though unless you are a partner that is doing installs all the time there isn't probably as much point to spending the time to get it all correct.

Offline boycey9

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 03:44:31 PM »
The administrator guide gives you details on creating a transform script for install. If you do a search there was another thread a couple of months ago that covered it off from pretty much all angles.

Offline harts

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 09:53:43 AM »
Thanks for the replies, really frustrating that there isnt an adm template though.

Our users are already having fun fiddling with the settings and calling IT with problems!

Offline boycey9

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 09:43:05 AM »
I dont quite get why you find it frustrating when a Transform script will do exactly what you want, there is a sample script in the Admin guide all you have to do is customise it to your environment.

Offline harts

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2012, 11:23:04 AM »
The transform script allows me to make settings on install but we wouldnt be able to make global changes once it has been installed. Also users would still have the ability to change settings...at least group policy would stop this.

Offline boycey9

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 11:16:56 AM »
ok sorry had completely misread your question, So what settings are you looking to stop the user from changing, their may be other ways.

Offline harts

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2012, 06:11:49 AM »
Hi,

Apologies for the delay, I have been away on leave. Ultimately we are looking to configure and then lock down settings such as:

Record chat history, calendar integration, startup on login etc.

Thanks

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10