Author Topic: hardware change  (Read 3151 times)

Offline knoxs2011

• Contributer
    • View Profile
hardware change
« on: July 16, 2012, 04:50:21 PM »
Hi,
I got a mx controller with 9.0 release, And I want to migrate it for the new release using a CXi, my question is.

can I use the Sys ID from the MX to put in into the CXi? with out make any change in the AMC account?
or I have to place a new SYSID into the Cxi to place all the licenses reseting the hardware ID in the AMC.

2. the CXi has a 256 Mb Memory PCI33s-333, For a correct run from the new release I need to change it into a 512 Mb, can I buy it in a Local computer supplier or I need to purchase it from Mitel?

best regarding to every one.

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
Re: hardware change
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 06:19:49 PM »
1. You will need to reset AMC account and use new SysID with CXi

2. I am not 100% sure but to be honest I wouldn't buy anything but the recommended RAM module as I doubt controller would be supported if a fault ever came to Mitel investigating to that level. Here in the UK we have a company that sells the OEM parts from the same providers as Mitel like RAM, RAID controller etc which are slightly cheaper than Mitel direct. 

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 07:52:36 AM »
1. What bobcheese said

2. Possibly, but I wouldn't... the amount you would save would be insignificant, especially if you have problems, or worse, strange intermittent problems later that could be RAM relates. If memory serves me correctly, it is not the same type of memory your average laptop uses, don't hold me to it, but I think it is ECC Registered memory...

Remember that if you are going to upgrade you will need to make sure that your software assurance if valid, otherwise you can't change the software version.

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 08:40:29 AM »
I have purchased Kingston RAM of the same specs as the Mitel for upgrades in the past and it has worked fine for me. I wouldn't buy cheap RAM just to save the money because you will most likely have problems.

Offline knoxs2011

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 11:29:05 AM »
thanks to avery body and sure the SWA its adquired for this equipment.

I'm testing the kingston option for RAM, if something s is rong well I'll buy any form Mitel directly.

thanks every body

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 11:44:40 AM »
If it works for you, paste the part number in here.

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10