Author Topic: D4-AMI problem with trunks releasing  (Read 2127 times)

Offline Curtis-at-Travis

• View Profile
D4-AMI problem with trunks releasing
« on: July 09, 2012, 10:52:19 AM »
I have a customer that is connected to a Milsoft IVR using a D4-AMI trunk.
99% of the time, it works.  However, at random times, a channel on the 3300 side will hang, and the line will not clear.  On the Milsoft side, the channel is idle, but on the 3300 side, the channel is busy.  After a few days, several channels on the 3300 will be in this state, and we have to manually go in and force idle those channels.  Breaking and remaking the connection clears the channels as well.

Tech support will not help, as Milsoft has never gone through the certification program, and they don't want to get involved.

If I can't figure out what is happening to cause the lockup, I would like to now if there is a way to set a timer in the trunks COS to force clear the line after a maximum time (say, 10 minutes).  I have tried to do this by playing with the timer, but nothing seems to help in that regard. 

I had similar issues with D4-AMI on another 3300 that was connected to another PBX.  Channels would lock up as well, and it became a daily thing to clear them.  Fortunately, we finally go to turn off the other PBX when the transition was over.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: D4-AMI problem with trunks releasing
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 04:14:51 PM »
My quick and dirty fix without looking at the root cause would be to setup a Programmed Reboot nightly, just set it up to go off at like 3:00am.

Offline Curtis-at-Travis

• View Profile
Re: D4-AMI problem with trunks releasing
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 04:18:22 PM »
This is a 24/7 operation, and as excruciatingly slow as these systems are about rebooting, that's not the solution I am looking for....

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10