Author Topic: BLF indication for Hotdesk users  (Read 5279 times)

Offline dutch_tuga

• View Profile
BLF indication for Hotdesk users
« on: March 11, 2009, 11:37:23 AM »
Hi Everyone,

I have a location with some hotdesk users. I have at the devices (from the normal users) DSS/Busy Lamp keys programmed "attached" to the hotdesk users.

Since I have updated the ICP the lamps will blink if they are logged out. Does someone knows if this can be disabled.

Before the update (version 8 UR2) the lamp would only work at the moment that they would log in. I think these function has been added since v.8 UR3

Thanks in advance.

DirtyHarry

Re: BLF indication for Hotdesk users
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 06:11:43 PM »
Hi, it was introduced for sure in 8 UR 3. I will be upgrading 10 clustered sites to this level soon and I will need it turned off as well, the PA's are bound to hate it. I assume it will affect secretarial keys the same way. I can't see anything in the class of service options to turn it off, it may turn out to be a command entered at shell level in Vx works maybe.

I'll raise a ticket with Mitel over this and let you know the answer if and when I get one.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 09:50:06 AM »
Not sure if this will work for you but try going into the System Options form and turn off "Call Forwarding Always - Line Status Indicatior.  Let us know if that works for you.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 04:31:30 PM by ralph »

DirtyHarry

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 12:33:24 AM »
Nope, the cla thing wont make a difference, thats only for showing if a key apperance dn has call forward always turned on. I'll chase Mitel for an answer today, I suspect this feature cannot be turned off.

DirtyHarry

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2009, 07:53:10 AM »
 :'(

Hi,

Mitel 2nd line confirm this feature cannot be switched off, below is text from an email I sent to our Mitel CSM as a last ditch attempt.

Matthew,

Upgrading Basildon to 8 UR5 has introduced the following feature (feature born with with release 8 ur3).

A dss\blf or secretarial key that is set to monitor a hot desk directory number will flash if the monitored
number is logged out.

This is a only a potential problem because the feature cannot be turned off, this has been confimed by
Mitel 2nd line support. Can you ascertain whether design have a guarded maintenance or shell command
that will turn this off.

I think a feature that causes what some would regard as a distracting light to be present on their phone
should be optional, if not on an individual basis then at least on a 3300 wide basis. This issue could
adversly impact the planned software roll-out.

If for example a PA has 4 or 5 of these key types then the problem is obviously exacerbated.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 08:43:23 AM »
Would it work for you to change the DSS key to a Multiline key?

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 04:31:18 PM by ralph »

Offline dutch_tuga

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2009, 10:35:20 AM »
I have changed the keys to CDE Speedcall on the people that were complaining about it. I've made them aware that they loose functionality of the DSS/Busy function.

People really find it disturbing, and prefere it this way.

Thank you guys for the help.

DirtyHarry

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2009, 11:48:24 AM »
Ralph, they wont accept that as they are used to the multi-purpose features of the dss\blf key. i would give them normal key appearances plus an extra key for dialling the user but they wont have that either........... these are emotional Pa type people after all and every problem is the end of the world to them lol.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2009, 12:57:25 PM »
Ok, thinking out loud here (so the rest of you please jump in)  What would happen if we took an analog port and tied it in via suite services to the hotdesk line.  I've no idea if a hotdesk line can be used with Suite Services but it's jsut a thought.

Ralph
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 04:31:06 PM by ralph »

DirtyHarry

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2009, 06:35:29 AM »
Latest feedback from Mitel on this is that they aim to enable the feature to be turned off in release 10 which apparently is out in July, they say. ::) well supposing you dont wanna increase the memory available on your systems which is necessary at release 9 and above  :P

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10