Author Topic: System Alarm Notification  (Read 11003 times)

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
System Alarm Notification
« on: July 02, 2012, 11:42:43 PM »
I have a couple receptionist type phones all with the "Administrator" flag set on their phones so that any one of them can put the system in Day/Night mode.

I've also set the System Flag of "Broadcast System Alarms" to No; which the help states should mean that only the Local/Network Primary Attendant should be notified of the alarms.

Why then, whenever there is a system warning, do my operators get notified? (The Local/Network Primary Attendant settings are undefined.)

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: System Alarm Notification
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 07:46:57 AM »
On the extn that is supposed to display the alarm go into Flags then change attendant to yes.

In system / phone related information / Attendants the extn number of the phone that is to receive the alarms will now be shown.

Double click the attendant and add all of the extns on your sytem to this attendant.

This should hopefully fix the issue you are having.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 07:57:06 AM »
Anyone with the Administrator flag set will get system alarms in the local system, that is just the way the system works.

The "Broadcast System Alarms" flag controls whether or not system alarms are broadcast to the network so that administrators on other systems in the network get alarms for remote systems, it has nothing to do with local alarms. There is no way to turn off system alarm messages without disabling the Administrator flag that I am aware of.

Note that if the main alarm you get is the Insufficient Bandwidth alarm, that can be disabled in System Flags, otherwise there isn't much you can do.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 08:00:23 AM »
Anyone with the Administrator flag set will get system alarms in the local system, that is just the way the system works.

The "Broadcast System Alarms" flag controls whether or not system alarms are broadcast to the network so that administrators on other systems in the network get alarms for remote systems, it has nothing to do with local alarms. There is no way to turn off system alarm messages without disabling the Administrator flag that I am aware of.

Note that if the main alarm you get is the Insufficient Bandwidth alarm, that can be disabled in System Flags, otherwise there isn't much you can do.

Well that stinks. Any way to allow them to enable/disable nights without being an administrator? We're still adding/cutting over phones, so they keep getting warnings about things being off-hook or expired while we tweak the remaining phone placements.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 08:05:55 AM »
Well that stinks. Any way to allow them to enable/disable nights without being an administrator? We're still adding/cutting over phones, so they keep getting warnings about things being off-hook or expired while we tweak the remaining phone placements.
Nope, the two go hand in hand... if you want to be able to change D/N you must get system alarms as well. Sorry

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 11:42:30 AM »
That's not what the help files seem to suggest:

System Flag - Broadcast Alarms To All Administrators 

This is located in System\Flags.

Determine whether system alarms will display on all administrator phones (set to "yes"). If not, they will display only at the primary attendant’s phone (set to "no"). In the default state, this is set to yes.

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 11:47:23 AM »
Also you can disable some alarms such as station off hook and insufficient bandwidth.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 04:11:18 PM »

Determine whether system alarms will display on all administrator phones (set to "yes"). If not, they will display only at the primary attendant’s phone (set to "no"). In the default state, this is set to yes.
Hmmm... this is news to me but it appears to be what the OP was looking for. I was unaware of this flag and have just told umpteen dozen customers that was just how it works, looks like I am incorrect and am going to have to eat my words here. Will test when I can and report the result, unless someone can get to it before me.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 05:00:40 PM »

And that's the Flag that's been toggled to No, but alarms are still showing up on Administrator phones...

Offline dozer

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2012, 01:52:03 AM »
It use to be only to remote networks back during the Axxess unless something has changed.  The Attendant, if one is not specified, will be either the first digital port or first IP Phone.  Make this an Admin and turn it off.  That might work according to help but I always use to use that for networked systems and a remote admin.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10