Author Topic: System Speed Dials  (Read 14244 times)

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
System Speed Dials
« on: July 02, 2012, 02:07:56 PM »
Are system speed dials only for external calls or can they be used for internal things as well?

I have to connect to a in-place paging system that uses CO trunks. I'd like to create a speed dial that dials the specific trunk, then enters the access code, followed by the zone number.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: System Speed Dials
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 02:54:04 PM »
Yes. You can use system speed dials for that.
Problem is the pauses.  (I just don't remember how to add the pause - is it a 'p')
For example a DTS code of <DTS Code>+0001P<<page zone code> should work.

Ralph

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 02:59:00 PM »
It is just a P for pause. However, when I try that, the system outpulses the DTS to the trunks. And in fact, if I program a 10-digit phone number in there, it will cause the 1+10-digit-number without ARS digit of 8

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 03:51:36 PM »
Sorry.  I just realized that I responded to question on a 5000.   Sorry about that.
You can disregard anything I said earlier.  I was thinking 3300.

Ralph

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 03:53:33 PM »
Sorry.  I just realized that I responded to question on a 5000.   Sorry about that.
You can disregard anything I said earlier.  I was thinking 3300.

Ralph

No problem. I know that's the way it is on the 3300, hoping it can be the same way on the 5000, but it doesn't look like it.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 05:47:09 PM »
This cannot really be done this way on the 5000... The System Speed Dial is only for external numbers and will go out the Outgoing Extension defined for the station that accesses the System Speed Dial number.

I am not sure I understand what you are trying to accomplish here, the way describe doesn't work on the 5000 but there are easier ways... Can you give me a better overview of exactly what's going on here? I am assuming you are trying to access some kind of page controller connected to a LS Trunk port on the system, then dialing a zone number?

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 05:52:06 PM »
Correct, paging system connected via LS ports.

So right now they have to dial the port number, 94257, then *# to get the paging system to accept DTMF, then the zone number, 1-4, then the classroom number, say 104.

So to page room 104, they have to dial 94257*#1104.

Was just trying to find a simply way for the system to dial the 94257*# part. Ended up changing the FAC for paging from 7, then setting the trunk to be digit 7. This way they dial 7*#1104. (They never plan to use the systems paging or phone-to-phone paging, so I was ok using 7 like this.)

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 06:09:22 PM »
Well, you kinda went down the road I was going to direct too... Although I prefer to put the trunk in a group and then use 6 (no one EVER uses Queue Request that I have seen) as an extension for that trunk group but that is just how I learned years ago...

So there are a couple options to possibly make this simpler for the user, although it might make for some interesting programming and could potentially cause other conflicts but just looking at what you said so far it is possible to shorten this sequence, some things that could be effected are the Outgoing button not working for making calls (have to dial 8+ everytime), if you want I can go through it, but it can get really convoluted and involves changes lots of FACs, some user training, and a serious knowledge of all the features your customer is actually using...

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 11:35:25 PM »
Well, you kinda went down the road I was going to direct too... Although I prefer to put the trunk in a group and then use 6 (no one EVER uses Queue Request that I have seen) as an extension for that trunk group but that is just how I learned years ago...

So there are a couple options to possibly make this simpler for the user, although it might make for some interesting programming and could potentially cause other conflicts but just looking at what you said so far it is possible to shorten this sequence, some things that could be effected are the Outgoing button not working for making calls (have to dial 8+ everytime), if you want I can go through it, but it can get really convoluted and involves changes lots of FACs, some user training, and a serious knowledge of all the features your customer is actually using...

Wohoo! I'm actually learning this thing! I actually did put the trunk, and two others, in a group, and changed the group to 7, but thats not really important I guess.

No need for you to go down the other path at this point.

Let me ask you this then, know anything about the 5000 console, especially when using it in a 14-system cluster environment?

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 07:51:09 AM »
You have to use Station Speed dials as as you have found system speed dials go straight to the Outgoing extn.

I use station speed dials to configure pick up buttons for groups, 42005 etc.

So this should work to access particular trunks groups then dialling access codes.

You can then assign these station speed dials to spare buttons.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2012, 07:58:19 AM »
Station speed dials was an option that I considered, but two things stopped me. One, the number of analog phones. This is a school, so every classroom has an analog phone, and the administration needed to be able to page from anywhere, and have it be the same.

Second, it would cost me button real estate and that always seems to be a problem.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2012, 08:01:33 AM »
You have to use Station Speed dials as as you have found system speed dials go straight to the Outgoing extn.

So this should work to access particular trunks groups then dialling access codes.

This would work too... I totally spaced this out even though I do it all the time!

You build a Station Speed Dial with what you need, lets say Speed Dial Bin 3, to include 7*#1, then you program a button on the phones for Station Speed Dial Bin 3. This is exactly the same way you allow a user program numbers under a one touch button.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 08:07:08 AM by acejavelin »

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2012, 11:48:58 AM »
Sounds like they need an upgrade to an analogue phone with freely programmable speed dial buttons.

So you program the phone not the actual system with the speed dial you require.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2012, 04:13:44 PM »
Sounds like they need an upgrade to an analogue phone with freely programmable speed dial buttons.

So you program the phone not the actual system with the speed dial you require.
LOL... very true, one of the 5000's few drawbacks! Of course, a Polycom SIP phone would work here too.

Offline dozer

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2012, 01:59:15 AM »

This would work too... I totally spaced this out even though I do it all the time!

You build a Station Speed Dial with what you need, lets say Speed Dial Bin 3, to include 7*#1, then you program a button on the phones for Station Speed Dial Bin 3. This is exactly the same way you allow a user program numbers under a one touch button.

Close.  Change the FAC for paging to 6. Make queue request anything else because I highly doubt you would use it.  Make the station speed dial FAC 7.  Make zones for each station speed dial, 71*#1 = Zone 1......72*#2=Zone 2 etc.  Then when the user dials the phone, they dial 71 wait then room number.......dial 72 wait then room number etc.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10