Author Topic: 5330 Handsets and SIP configuration  (Read 88550 times)

Offline cmeilleur

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: 5330 Handsets and SIP configuration
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2016, 12:02:19 PM »
Hey man.  Sorry to tell you, all the files i have are the ones included here.  I have not found any others.  That being said, i believe the MinetIp5340.bin contains the EN language files as default. 

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2016, 09:51:10 PM »
I used the files out of one of the recent 3300 releases for my 5330's that I have using google voice sip gateway. One thing I found was after setting them to sip mode I also had to have them tftp again before the web page worked correctly. Just some info FWIW

Offline dysmas

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2016, 03:02:48 PM »
Hello k030774,

I was exactly in your situation. The post which gave me the final solution was this one from roms :

http://mitelforums.com/forum/index.php?topic=2800.msg22057#msg22057

Note in the end :

Note :
in some situation (not for me), you may have to rename :
L2Boot_5340.bin to L2Boot53xxTtn8M.bin
MinetIp5340.bin to MainIp5340.bin

You can try this first.
But when I have updated with the firmware given in this post, I had this in the TFTP log :

Code: [Select]
Read request for file <L2Boot53xxTtn8M.bin>. Mode octet [24/06 20:36:06.864]
File <L2Boot53xxTtn8M.bin> : error 2 in system call CreateFile : File is not found. [24/06 20:36:06.864]
Connection received from 192.168.1.149 on port 49158 [24/06 20:36:06.868]
Read request for file <L2Boot_5340.bin>. Mode octet [24/06 20:36:06.868]
OACK: <blksize=4096,> [24/06 20:36:06.869]
Using local port 55043 [24/06 20:36:06.869]
<L2Boot_5340.bin>: sent 25 blks, 99344 bytes in 0 s. 0 blk resent [24/06 20:36:06.939]

As you can see, if it does not find the file, it tries the other name.

But the system still needs the MN_Generic.cfg file. About this question, see above, the post of randalk :

http://mitelforums.com/forum/index.php?topic=2800.msg18618#msg18618

Get the files he attached, adapt them to your needs. Probably the only edit required is the type of the phone which must match.
Change the name of the file with the MAC address to what your phone asks (MN_08000F683D49.cfg)

When I have done all that, I got at last the login of the Web Configuration Tool.

Login : admin
pass : 5330

And the configuration tool appeared ! I was able to setup the phone, and it works.

Hope you will be able to do the same.

Greetings

Dysmas

Offline dysmas

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2016, 03:05:23 PM »
Hello cmeilleur,

did you notice that the firmware contained in the following post :

http://mitelforums.com/forum/index.php?topic=2800.msg22057#msg22057

contains the long desired file : sip5340ttnlang_en_US.bin

Offline damtechmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2016, 08:29:27 AM »
Im not sure if this is relevent, but I had to change EN from the generic config, to GB which matched the language files.

However... My version is the one with the cordless handset, which now doesnt seem to work  :-\

Im wondering if I needed a different version of the firmware?

Offline rspaeth

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2016, 03:24:04 AM »
I am hoping to complete this same process with several dozen adopted 5330e handsets.  Using the files provided in this thread results in an "L2Boot incompatible" when the phone requests the file     L2Boot53xxeTtn8M (note the obvious "e").  My guess would be a different set of firmware files is required, but scouring the internet has returned no viable files.

Any assistance or direction would be greatly appreciated!

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2016, 05:03:07 AM »
Here you go.
This is from the TFTP of a MCD 7.2 system.

Offline c1tyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2017, 10:02:03 AM »
Hi All. Old thread I know but I am completely new to phone systems although I am experience in general IT. I have my 3CX server up and running along with TFTP but I cannot get out 5320 or 5330 phones to connect to it. I have managed to get it into SIP mode and followed the guides on here but at the moment the phones are sticking on "Starting SIP, Downloading...1" and not going any further. Any help or advice on this would be a massive help as we have 25 perfectly good handsets that could finish up in the bin if I cant get this working.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2017, 04:13:35 PM »
Hi All. Old thread I know but I am completely new to phone systems although I am experience in general IT. I have my 3CX server up and running along with TFTP but I cannot get out 5320 or 5330 phones to connect to it. I have managed to get it into SIP mode and followed the guides on here but at the moment the phones are sticking on "Starting SIP, Downloading...1" and not going any further. Any help or advice on this would be a massive help as we have 25 perfectly good handsets that could finish up in the bin if I cant get this working.
Do you have the Mitel SIP firmware on your 3CX? If not, you will need to either install it or flash the phones with the firmware from another source. Note that Mitel does not supply the firmware separately anymore and hasn't for maybe 8 or 10 years. There was a user here who was offering their Teleworker as a download point for the software but I don't remember who.

Offline c1tyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2017, 06:38:38 AM »
Do you have the Mitel SIP firmware on your 3CX? If not, you will need to either install it or flash the phones with the firmware from another source. Note that Mitel does not supply the firmware separately anymore and hasn't for maybe 8 or 10 years. There was a user here who was offering their Teleworker as a download point for the software but I don't remember who.
Yeah making progress but still can't get it running fully and begging this wonderful community for some help. I have not upgraded the phone and have managed to get tTFTP working for the config files. The phone boots and appears fine but when I try and make a call I get the error "No Proxy Configured" even though when I check the web page of the phone the correct proxy is there. Tried this for both IP and FQDN.  Also, when I let the phone pick up the config file from the phone it is putting in additional info in the username i.e "001 Realm="" instead of "001". I have taken the config file out of the TFTP folder and manually saved the correct details on the web interface but still get the same error. Also, does anyone have a 3CX provisioning template for the 5330 or 5320. I'm thinking that this could be the issue because i am unable to assign it as a handset in the 3CX control panel (although I may be way off the mark with that) Thanks in advance for any help.

Offline answerthephone

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2017, 11:58:38 AM »
Hi
Did you get this working at all?  I too have a mitel phone that shows a proxy when looking in the handset interface, shows a proxy in the web interface, but when I try to call says "No proxy configured" on the screen.

Thanks

Offline lpescudeiro

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2017, 10:56:04 AM »
Hello, I have a Mitel 5330 n I´m trying to make it works with 3cx. I'm having the same problem as described here, when I write the phone's IP on my browser appears to select my language and to enter my TFTP Server IP address, the problem is that I'm a layman on this subject, I don't know how to set up a TFTP server, I don't know what's the DHCP and neither how to open it. Does anyone can help me or tell me if there is any step by step that I can folow to have it woking? Thanks for any help.

Offline nsguru

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2018, 06:06:26 AM »
Hi lpescudeiro & c1tyfan,

The company I work for also recently purchased a 3cx... We were going to use the 3cx client until I thought we may be able to re utilize our  Mitel phones for SIP.

I am working in an enviroment with a mix of 5360,5340,5330

Let me start by stating I still have a problem with BLF. I can not get it to consistently work between extensions but.
The second little issue I have dealt with is the phones don't always consistently boot up after they've talked to the TFTP server. The TFTP server has to be shut off and then all the phones will come up. (this is OK as the phones always boot up with their last config and still work properly TFTP server needs to be turned back on to push an update.)

Everything else is working speed dials, ext to ext. auto dial, voicemail messaging light, trans/conf. NO MORE DIALING 9 or what have you.  The other nice thing is you can use the 3cx client to monitor extension (form of BLF) and you can make calls from the 3cx client to your Mitel phone. 

With that said let me give you the steps to try and get your phones up and running.

List of things you will need.

1. TFTP server (I utilize TFTPd32)
2. Latest firmware from Mitel. (If you cant access i can try getting you a link to the firmware files.)
3. Manually turn phone to sip and point to TFTP server. 

Changing phone to SIP

1. Reboot the phone.
2. As the phone is beginning to boot back up hold *7 until the phone states *CHANGE CONFIRMED* (This is changing the phone from Minet to SIP)

Manually entering TFTP server

1. Reboot the phone
2. As the phone is beginning to boot back up hold both the up and down arrow key
3. Select Network Parameters.
4. Select Modify Network Parameters  * for yes.
5. Press down arrow to TFTP SVR IP ADDRESS, enter IP address x.x.x.x   * to go back if needed and # for (.)
6. Scroll down until it states save changes * for yes and then * to reboot.

Using DHCP options

1. Depending on what you are using for DHCP build the following DHCP options.

Option 66,  IP format x.x.x.x
Option 128 IP format x.x.x.x

This will allow the phone to dynamically receive the TFTP server every time it reboots and easily allows you to change it in the future if needed. 

Setup TFTP server

Turn on your preferred TFTP server and point to a directory where you will be storing all files. Confirm you have the correct IP interface selected.

Known files needed & Firmware needed in directory

MN_Generic.cfg (This is the generic file the Mitel SIP device pulls to see basic settings.)
MN_<macaddress>.cfg (This file overwrite MN_Generic.cfg and sets the phone up for all of its settings speedial, vmkey, user profile settings, etc)
BootIP<phonemodel>.bin
L2Boot53xxTtnM8.bin
MainIP<phonemodel>.bin
sip<phonemodel>ttnlang_EN_US.bin

Ive attached and example address of MN_generic.cfg and a MN_<macaddress>.cfg

under the MN mac address file make sure to put the proper Main and Boot version. Please watch for my notes on the config file.

It wont allow me so I will find another way tomorrow.

Offline petrenkov

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2018, 02:47:11 AM »
HI,
I an new with mitel. I read that there is possibility to register 2 SIP accounts. If it is, then how i can do it and how i can switch between them.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10