Author Topic: 5330 Handsets and SIP configuration  (Read 88544 times)

Offline cmeilleur

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: 5330 Handsets and SIP configuration
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2013, 02:04:49 PM »
Wow, it's been a While, but as far as remember, the phone had just a BASIC web interface that was looking for a language selection anf tftp server address.  once i had put thte files on my tftp, it grabbed em and i was good to go.  I'd love to be acly to help further, but it slips my mind.  I do still have the generic and specific configs.  if you'd like i can negate my custom calues in them so you can have a look as to what I used.

Offline freewilly

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2013, 03:11:36 PM »
Since I can't find anywhere on the web. Please post some info whatever you have.

Thanks you very much.

Offline mitelfatigue

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2013, 08:52:21 AM »
I guys, I wonder if you can help me too?

I recently moved abroad and was given a Mitel 5312 to try and setup with my UK Sipgate account. I'm new to VOIP and SIP setup and after hours of google searching and reading forums, I'm still struggling.

My main question is, can a single Mitel phones be setup to work with a standard cable router, connected to my domestic cable broadband account?

The phone I have has firmware version R8.0.05.00.00.18. I can set it to SIP format by configuring it at boot up, but, like most people I have read about, I'm struggling to get the web configuration working to actually setup my account information.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Many thanks,

Angus

Offline cmeilleur

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2013, 09:13:05 AM »
mitelfatigue, Do you get the basic web ui on the phone asking for tftp server and language selection?  If so, i think you just need the files I posted on 4shared on a tfto server and that should do it for you.

Offline mitelfatigue

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2013, 09:29:11 AM »
Hi cmeilleur,

Thanks for the speedy reply. Yes I do get the basic web ui page. I am working on a Mac however and the firmware file mentioned earlier in the thread downloads as a .exe file which I can't use on a Mac. I had hoped that since the firmware on the phone already seems to be an up to date version I might not need it.

Mitel 5312/5324 SIP Firmware - http://www.4shared.com/zip/2vT43v9g/MitelSIP_IP5312_24_2111.html
Mitel 5330/5340 SIP Firmware - http://www.4shared.com/zip/_O9c55Fh/MitelSIP_IP5330_40_16013.html

I am using Tftpserver.app for the Mac to run a TFTP server and that all seems to be running happily.

Do you have the file in the format that I need to install to the phone? Then I can place it in the TFTP server.

Thanks again for your swift reply.

Angus
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 09:44:39 AM by mitelfatigue »

Offline cmeilleur

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2013, 09:48:39 AM »
The files are in ZIP archive format.  You should be able to open those on a MAC.  inside those files are the bin files for the phone.  It's not  so much that firmware is old, but rather the phone needs to download a SIP software.  After that you are gravy.  Honestly though, once i had the files on our TFTP server, i just pointed the phone and away she went.  Checking the TFTP logs to see where it is failing is a good start.

If you want to PM me privately i can take a look at what you are working with.

Offline cmeilleur

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2013, 09:32:04 PM »
For anyone els looking into this, mitelfatigue did get his phone online and working.  The problem seems to be the same with all the phones, the sip5324ttnlang_en_US.bin or the sip5340ttnlang_en_US.bin seems to be needed and missing.  this ls the language file for the UI of the phone.  Luckily between mitelfatigue and I we had a choice of French or German as we are both multilingual.    Once I set the TFTP server to a server having the given language file, firmware files and MN_Generic.cfg it was on like donkeykong.  I know it isnt ideal, but  at least it opens the web ui to those of you that can read German, French, Espanol, etc.  I cant for the life of me remember how i got the 5340's to english.  I don't have the EN files anywhere, so that means i never did.  However I do remember setting them up in French before i got them to english.

Once the phone is ONLINE and you can log into it, you can dump it's specific config file by browsing to

http://HTTP://IPOFYOURPHONE/download.txt

you can take this (it is in english) and save it to MN_MACOFTHEPHONE.cfg on your tftp.  With this you will be able to modify this file for any settings you need to put in the phone, then reboot the unit.  These settings can also be broken up into MN_Generic.cfg and MN_User.cfg.  I beleive the order of file precedence is Generic, MAC, User.  This also includes user and admin passwords, so be carefull.  The password is an MD5Hash of your actual password. you can generate a new password here:

http://www.adamek.biz/md5-generator.php

if ANYONE has access to ANY of the en_US, en_CA, en_AU files mentioned above, PLEASE send me a message.  Maybe we can get a functional download that is usable by all up here.

Regards,
Cmeilleur

Offline jonesb930

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2013, 08:09:07 PM »
I am trying to configure a Mitel 5304 handset for use with FreeSwitch (running on a Raspberry Pi). I am a total newbe with SIP but have been picking it up quickly. I had the same issue with the wed configuration page on my handset. After following the above information I downloaded MitelSIP_IP5312_24_2.1.1.1.zip. I extracted the file and put the Spanish .bin file on my tftp server. Using the Chrome web browser i opened the webpage and had Chrome translate it to english, problem solved. I was able to download the .cfg file and will format it to my system and place it on my tftp for testing.

Offline cmeilleur

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2013, 09:02:20 PM »
Awesome thinking man.  Keep us posted.

Offline jonesb930

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2013, 09:15:14 PM »
cmeilleur,

Do you know of a document that explains all of the variables in the MN_<MACADDRESS>.cfg file for the phone? This is the file the phone pulls from the tftp server.

Offline cmeilleur

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2013, 10:11:21 PM »
Not that i can recall.  However, you can work through the values if you have access to the UI of the phone. from the phones UI, you can see the "Live" config on the phone.  This is done by browsing to :

http//IPOFYOURPHONE/download.txt

Through noting and changing values in the UI then parsing the above referenced file that is live on the phone and comparing, you can deduce what values do what.  I have used this Many times to figure out provisioning for various devices.  Is there anything you need guidance on in particular?

cmeilleur

Offline cmeilleur

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2013, 10:15:30 PM »
Ohhh, look what i found.  This is from an older release, but should get you started.  I forgot i had this.

Cheers ;),

Cmeilleur

ATTATCHED

Offline jonesb930

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2013, 10:27:27 AM »
Cmeilleur,

Thanks for that! I have been able to get the phone working, however, now that I changed the language to Spanish I cannot switch it back to en_US without the .bin language file. So my phone displays everything in spanish now LOL. Hey it works at least! I will be hunting for that file though..

Offline cmeilleur

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2013, 05:32:49 PM »
This is the Biggest hurdle we faced.  If you find it, please let us know.

Cheers,

Cmeilleur

Offline kokolino23

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2013, 04:20:48 PM »
I pushed the french file in but I still can't browse to the phone ?!
The file goes through though... I've got a 5330.
Any ideas? Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 04:25:54 PM by kokolino23 »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10