Author Topic: How to change IP address on ICP-3300?  (Read 11195 times)

philschl

How to change IP address on ICP-3300?
« on: January 08, 2008, 06:02:11 PM »
Hi Guys,

In course of a network restructure it is necessary to change the IP addresses of our ICP-3300 controller and all desktop phones, as well as the YA softphone server.

Anyone know how to go about this?

Cheers,
Phil

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: How to change IP address on ICP-3300?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 04:51:30 PM »
Depends on the version of the 3300.   Ver 7.1(?) allows you to set the IP.
System Config >>> IP Network Configuration >>> System IP Configuration.

If the system is older than that, you need to plug a serial cable into the front at 9600 baud and type bootChange.
Check out what your settings are by just hitting return through all of them and see what you need to change.
Bear in mind the subnet mask is in HEX.

If your PBX is handing out IP addresses to the phones, be sure to change the DHCP settings.

The YA may be even tougher since, if I remember right, you may need to get your licenses again from Mitel - not a big deal.

I have to say though, this isn't something I would expect a customer to do without dealer assistance.

Ralph

philschl

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 05:39:00 PM »
Hi Ralph,

Thanks!

I have to say though, this isn't something I would expect a customer to do without dealer assistance.

Why that? Changing IP addresses should be basic maintenance and configuration, not some secret rocket science!

Offline v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 07:55:10 PM »
If the controller does not have the E2T statically programmed its fairly easy to change the 3300 IP

previous to release 7 plug into the maintenance port on the front of the controller and type BootChange it is case sensitive and fill in the IP addresses subnet and gateway.

If it is post release 7 go into the IP assignment form make your changes and reset the controller.

Be sure to change the DHCP options in whatever you are using to hand out addresses to the phones.

The YA Server is a bit more complicated IIRC if you change the IP you either have to open a databese file in access and change the IP of the server there or remove the application and delete the directory and reinstall the software. Make sure you have the application record ID so you can resync the server with the Mitel AMC.

That being said a call to your dealer couldnt hurt.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10