Author Topic: Multiline DNI Set Configuration  (Read 3129 times)

Offline jtrogdon

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Multiline DNI Set Configuration
« on: June 25, 2012, 03:43:28 PM »
In the Multiline DNI Set Configuration for a Mitel 3300, my extension is listed as the first number in the list and it has the Second Channel of PKM 12.  No other phone in the listing has this second channel setup (they all have No Device).  Can anybody tell me why my phone would have this second channel setup differently and can I change it to No Device without affecting the system? 

The reason I ask is because I've been coming in and my message light would be flashing but I would have no messages.  I'm not part of any hunt group setup.  So I've been researching what is different about my extension setup than everybody else.  This was the first thing I've run across that is definitely different.  Thanks for the help!

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Multiline DNI Set Configuration
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 03:48:09 PM »
Are there any buttons/lines programmed on the 12-button PKM? If not, then you can certainly change it. If there are, they are probably phantom lines for something.

I'm guessing your the administrator of your system since you can get into Multiline Set Config. If so, the next time your MWI is on, go into Maintenance Commands and issue a locate feature extension XXXX, with the XXXX being your extension number. The system will tell you the reason the MWI is on.

Offline jtrogdon

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 04:08:56 PM »
I talked to my phone vendor and they said they are using my extension for phantom extensions so that they can make several apps work correctly.  They are going to change it from using my extension to see if the flashing message light with no message problem goes away.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 04:46:32 PM »
That would be what I would have thought.
What we normally do is create an entire phantom phone with a 48button DSS module.  That usually handles everything just fine.

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10