Author Topic: Backup fail error  (Read 9108 times)

Offline eciroglu

• View Profile
Backup fail error
« on: June 16, 2012, 02:40:44 AM »
Hi,

When i try to take a backup, backup fail occurs. There is logs are taken after backup fail:

Maintenance  2855  Info  2012/Jun/16  09:22:02  EntryBlock  Maintenance: Category(Category1); msgFormatId(0) EntryBlock - Disable Block State Backup in progress with Mask 0x2  Main  Maintenance;0 

Software  2854  Error  2012/Jun/16  09:22:02  BRManager  Progress Monitor - createBackupTask() Unable to determine if there is enough room for a backup  Main  BR_Manager.cpp;1233 

Software  2853  Error  2012/Jun/16  09:22:02  BRManager  BR_Manager->Failed to get space used for '/vmail/c/voxdrv'  Main  BR_Manager.cpp;930 

Software  2852  Error  2012/Jun/16  09:22:02  ML_Defs  directorySpaceUsed()->Failed to open directory (/vmail/c/voxdrv).  Main  ML_Defs.cpp;4399 

Maintenance  2851  Info  2012/Jun/16  09:22:02  EntryBlock  Maintenance: Category(Category1); msgFormatId(0) EntryBlock - Enable Block State Backup in progress with Mask 0x2  Main  Maintenance;0 

Maintenance  2850  Info  2012/Jun/16  09:22:02  BR_BackupCustomAppServer  Maintenance: Category(Category1); msgFormatId(0) BR_BackupCustomAppServer - Backup starting (excluding Voicemail messages). (excluding call history records). Using FTP, the client will transfer the archive file to directory 'C:'.  Main  Maintenance;

I am using 3300cxi via  release 8. Can you tell me why it occurs and how can it be fixed ?

Thanks.

Volkan,

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Backup fail error
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 06:47:56 AM »
Haven't seen this one before.
It would appear that the partition on the hard drive is full or there is corruption on the hard drive or the hard drive is failing.

Since the system backs up to the same partition as the voice mail, try having your users delete saved messages to clear some space.   Then try backing it up without backing up the voice mail messages.

Ralph

Offline eciroglu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 02:40:47 AM »
Mailbox numbers are recently defined and have no recorded message. Hard drive is almost free. How can i test the hard drive to determine if it works correctly? Is there any ssh command or maintenance command?

Thanks.

Volkan,

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 09:52:44 PM »
Fromt he maintenance prompt, enter "dbms check full" and let it complete, it probably won't fix your problem but it can't hurt, then I would try stopping the vmail talks and restarts them...

From the serial port (or ssh terminal) enter:

iPVM_Stop

then when the command prompt returns enter

iPVM_Start

then when the command prompt returns, try the backup again... I have a system on MCD 4.2 that does something like this all the time, and although the log messages are slightly different, the problems we see and yours all seem to be related to free space on /vmail/ partition (yours in c/voxdrv/, mine problem is in /vmail/temp) and there isn't actually a problem, just something stuck in the iPVM tasks.

No guarantee it will work, but it is the only thing I can think of.

On another note, when did you last get a good backup? if it is fairly recent and the above stuff doesn't work I would recommend defaulting (or better yet a manual reinstall of software using the FixPartition flag), relicense and then restoring the database

Offline jesicabroom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 01:43:37 AM »
Hi
 Volkan

I think this particular type of backup problem may cause due to bad sectors present in hard drive. You should check your hard drive regarding bad sectors.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 04:41:09 PM by ralph »

Offline eciroglu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 05:19:05 AM »
My backup problem has been solved after upgrading process.

Thank you for your precious replies.

Volkan,

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10