Author Topic: The "People Gadget" on the 5360: Some of my 5360's have them, other don't  (Read 2181 times)

Offline Curtis-at-Travis

• View Profile
On the 5360, there is a sidebar on the upper right called the "gadget sidebar".  One of the gadgets is an icon that looks like a phone book.  It allows you access to the built in directory on the phone.
I have noticed that some of the phones do not have this icon.  In my office, I have two phones in the demo room that have this feature, but my receptionist's phone does not.
I find nothing in the manuals that state that this is a flag setting.  Is this a revision issue?  I thought this stuff was loaded by the software obtained from the tftp in the phone system.
Called tech support, but had to hang up after the "technician" wanted to know how to spell "gadget", then proceeded to read the user's guide out loud to me, after I had told him repeatedly that this wasn't something you could find in the user's guide.

Offline Curtis-at-Travis

• View Profile
Update:  I did an extension swap between the two phones.  The Gadget moves with the extension, so now I know that it's not a phone rev level, but it has to be something in the phone programming.  But what?

Offline Curtis-at-Travis

• View Profile
Aha!  Found it!
The phones that had the icon on their screens were programmed as Users in the phone system programming .  The one that did not have an icon was not programmed as a User.  I created the User for that phone, and BAM!  The icon appeared!  Why that has a bearing on that setting, I do NOT know, but I will leave this out there in case anyone else ever runs into this issue.

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Good to know you have solved it!

I was going to suggest it was maybe the application profiles the phones load when booting but it was a much more simple solution :)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10