Author Topic: UCA Presence/Chat Not Coming Through MBG  (Read 4967 times)

Offline jmurray

• Contributer
    • View Profile
UCA Presence/Chat Not Coming Through MBG
« on: June 12, 2012, 12:36:52 AM »
When I run UCA outside of the network, it connects through the MBG but none of the user presence information shows up, I can't initiate Chat with other users and the window that controls phone calls doesn't come up with inbound or outbound calls just to name the major issues. 

I was running 4.2 and just upgraded to 5.0 last week to see if that helped but it still does not work.  I've tried running the client in both teleworker mode and standard without any success.  I have the UC Advanced application support enabled and I am forwarding UCA and UCM in the web proxy list.  I also have port 80 and 36008 forwarded for UC for smartphone to play voice mail messages.  This was working until about three weeks ago and I can't think of anything that may have changed.  Any ideas what I can look at in the MBG to get this working?   Maybe a port or something else I need to forward?

Offline Navarre

• View Profile
Re: UCA Presence/Chat Not Coming Through MBG
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 05:16:36 AM »
Forwarding port 80 doesn't sound wise. You're allowing script kiddies to hammer your UCA server on the LAN that way.

Voicemail is on 36006. I think the presence information is via the websocket on 36008, which, unless you're running MBG 7.1+, you need to directly port-forward to the UCA server.

Beyond that, I'd start capturing some network traces and call product support.

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 08:29:46 PM »
If you run the TNA tool against the public IP address of the MBG server does it show all of the ports being open?

Offline jmurray

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 10:43:22 AM »
Navarre:  Regardless of whether forwarding port 80 is wise, I was told by Mitel and it is necessary in order for UCA on the smartphone to play voice mail messages.  I just double checked and if I remove that port forwarding rule, the playing of messages fails.  Have you had a different experience with your UCA for smartphone application successfully playing voice mail messages from a NuPoint server on the MAS through the MBG without that port forwarding rule?

I will capture some logs and verify what ports are open on the MBG. Thanks for the advice!

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 10:33:09 PM »
Not sure if this will help or not as I've seen similar issues, but not the exact ones you describe. If you could answer the following it might help.

Is your MBG and MAS co-located or do you have a separate MBG?

Is your MBG/MAS sitting directly on the outside, or is it behind a firewall? If behind a firewall, what ports are forwarded to the MBG? Specifically is SSH forwarded?

If its sitting directly on the outside, do you have it available to any/all networks for Admin access? (Specifically what networks, if any, are listed in the Remote Management section of the Remote Access area under Security on either the MAS or MBG.)

Offline billbry66

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 07:05:13 AM »
Port 80 is required for Visual voicemail on UCA smart device

Offline pkriek

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 09:15:53 AM »
where you able to solve this? we have same sort of issues

thanks

Offline boycey9

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 01:33:43 PM »
Think you will need to call Mitel on this one, there is a problem with some versions of the client, at one point they gave me an older version and that worked fine, tried upgfrading after last service pack released and its broken again.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10