Author Topic: DTMF problem  (Read 3517 times)

Offline august

• View Profile
DTMF problem
« on: June 14, 2012, 09:05:08 PM »
I have an issue with a new installation.  I'm running MCD 5.0 with Nupoint. 

The MCD, Nupoint and MBG are all in the 192.168.10.0 network and everything is working fine for them and the teleworker phone.

I also have two others VLAN 192.168.11.0 and 192.168.12.0.  These phone (5330) can call the voicemail hunt group (7000) which will ask them for their password, but when I press any digits, it seems that nothing is send.  I suspect a network issue, but I'm not sure what I should be looking for.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: DTMF problem
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 10:46:57 PM »
If you call another phone who's either re-routed or forwarded to voicemail, and attempt to leave a message, does the NuPoint "hear" the audio and save the message?

Are you absolutely positive that the phones are on the 192.168.10.0 network and not one of the other ones?

I've seen this issue before, but the phones were on a different network than the NuPoint, and that network wasn't included in the "local" network scope of the NuPoint's MSL. I believe the NuPoints subnet had been set to 24 but should have been 16 to allow for communications from all the different phone subnets. Because the call setup happens between the MCD and the NuPoint, it would setup correctly, but then when it comes time for audio, that flows directly from the phones to the NuPoint, and the NuPoint didn't recognize the phones subnet as authorized.

Offline boycey9

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 07:28:11 AM »
It will be the local network option as stated by Blue, Not sure where you got the phones were on the same subnet m8 as I read it as they are on the other two mentioned.
Anyway Adding All your subnets in local networks put a rule in the Firewall on the MSL to allow DTMF to work.

Offline august

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 07:38:36 AM »
Thanks guys, it seems this is my problem.  I added the 2 network, but still have the same problem.  I will reboot the Nupoint.

Offline august

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 08:50:04 PM »
I rebooted the Nupoint, but still have the problem.

I did a Wireshark on my Nupoint port to find that the router send him a  WAN  Ip Address instead of the LAN.

Everything is fix now.  thanks....

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10