Author Topic: UCA / Dynamic Status & Personal Ring Group  (Read 4290 times)

Offline cchaney

• Contributer
    • View Profile
UCA / Dynamic Status & Personal Ring Group
« on: May 18, 2012, 04:11:11 PM »
Hello all --

Having issues with UCA and dynamic status.. looks like when I moved to a dynamic status that goes to voicemail, when someone calls my direct number, they go straight to voicemail.. as expected. 

But if I select a dynamic status that is directed to the Personal Ring Group and has certain devices selected (e.g. for In the Office it should ring on desk phone + cell phone.. for Mobile it should just ring on Softphone + cell phone.. Working from Home Office should be offsite extension, softphone, mobile), this does not work.. when someone calls my direct number, it rings all devices (so even if I select Mobile where it should just ring softphone and cellphone, it still rings desk phone, home office phone, softphone, and cellphone).

The UCA desktop application, UCA Android application, and the UCA Web page all show the dynamic status are synced together (all statuses are there with proper devices selected, etc).. I do see a warning in the error log when switching dynamic status but tech said Mitel said that is usual and expected.

MCD 3300 + MAS + applications (desktop + mobile) are all updated to latest revisions available.

Side observation -- our phone tech tried it at their office and said they experience the same thing I mentioned above -- if dynamic status with voicemail redirection is setup, it takes no worries.. when he selects his ring group with various devices, it still rings on all.

We have another employee on the same system that I am on, but with an iPhone.  At first his iPhone had contact sync issues + dynamic status update issues, as reported above.  He noticed his dynamic status were not updating from his desktop application and his mobile application.. the status was there just all his devices were enabled in the mobile application.  He completely removed the application, reinstalled.. this fixed his contact sync issues + his dynamic status issue (from what he says). 

I still do not think this is an iPhone/Android issue because as mentioned, the same issue still exists when using the UCA web client to modify/change the dynamic status / ring group.

Has anyone else experienced this?  If so, do you have a possible solution?

Offline boycey9

• View Profile
Re: UCA / Dynamic Status & Personal Ring Group
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 04:08:14 PM »
Sounds like the COS given to your devices is not set to allow third party group presence, When you select a profile it should make the devices you want to ring present in the PRG and those you dont want to ring Absent. You can check the status in the 3300 under the PRG.

Offline cchaney

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: UCA / Dynamic Status & Personal Ring Group
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 04:44:43 PM »
You are correct, the devices were mixed between COS 1 and COS 33 .. both COS 1 and COS 33 did not have group presence enabled. 

Still trying to figure out why the vendor setup some of the devices (all either 5330 or softphone) on COS 1 and some on COS 33.. the settings looked the same. 

We have other COS' for other devices and they all look correct (Nupoint, fax/analgue, dynamic ext, etc.)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10