Author Topic: How to test outgoing line? (Mitel 3300)  (Read 6257 times)

Offline jeffwong

• View Profile
How to test outgoing line? (Mitel 3300)
« on: May 07, 2012, 12:02:35 AM »
Hi All,

Sorry that I'm know less about MITEL PBX but my Thailand's factory is using MITEL PBX 3300 AX (I have nothing more information about it)

We don't have any IP phone, all users are press 9 before dialing outside number.

As I know we got 6 outgoing lines, but seem some of them do not working. Because we are very difficult to make an outgoing call, every time press 9 then follow with outside number,  10 times maybe only 2 times success!

* Press 9 would not hear the tone (success/unsuccessful of outgoing call), every time we have to dial FULL number then waiting for the result.

So, may I know how do I pick the outgoing line one by one to test call outside?

Thank you
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 09:13:32 AM by ralph »

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: How to test outgoing line?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 09:13:10 AM »
You'll need to know some more information about your system so you'll have to be able to log in and look some stuff up.

In the Feature access codes form you'll need to look up what the "direct trunk select" code is.
Then in the analog trunk form you'll need to look up what your trunk numbers are.
This can be different for every system.

Once you know the feature code and the trunk number you may be able dial a code like this: <feat code><trunk number>.
The <trunk number> will be in a four digit format so if you're testing trunk #1 it will look like this: <feat code> 0001
When you enter the test code the system will connect you directly to the trunk you are testing.
Your class of services (COS) will need to allow you to do that type of test.

I suspect you may have some dead trunks.  In this case you probably will need to connect a butt set (a line mans test set) to each line and test for dial tone.   If you can I'd try the butt set test first since you probably will have to do that anyway.

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10