Author Topic: SIP calls "line appearence"  (Read 5863 times)

Offline jeremywatco

• View Profile
SIP calls "line appearence"
« on: May 02, 2012, 11:32:07 PM »
Hi everyone,

We have a 5000 system at one if our locations that gets all its phone calls via sip from a 3300. At this location its unfeasible for calls to be transfered,. Instead we need to have some sort of call appearence that shows on all phones so a user can place a call on hold and pickup anywhere else without transferring. Any thoughts? I know it loop starts its easy, but I can't figure it out with the sip trunks.

Thanks

Software version 5.1

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: SIP calls "line appearence"
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 07:55:02 AM »
What we do is fake a line appearance with phantom extensions in a hunt group. Have the inbound sip call ring the hunt group, which in turn will spread the calls to the phantom members. On each person's phone, create a secondary extension key for each phantom.

The downside to this is that they have to push the key to answer the call, no auto-answer, and when they do answer it will move the call off of the phantom and onto their personal call keys. To then put it back on hold for anyone to answer we have them "park" it by doing a transfer to hold of one of the phantom keys.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 09:02:17 AM by bluewhite4 »

Offline jeremywatco

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 08:27:33 PM »
Thanks for the quick response!

Got it 99.999% of the way there just need a little guidance on the last .00001...

So here is what I did..

1. Created 2 Phantom Extensions.
2. Created Hunt group of said Phantom Extensions
3. Changed keymap and added both phantom extensions as secondary extension keys to two different buttons.
4. Changed "Hold" button to a PKM\DSS Key with the created hunt group as the value.
5. Changed the callback timer to its max value.

NOW.....

Works great. Incoming calls are just routed to all phones "call" keys, when they put a call on "hold" it properly sends them to the hunt group and lights the lights as desired. You can then pick it up and it moves it to your call key, and again from another phone when you press the "hold" key it moves it back.

PROBLEM....

Caller on "hold" hears ringing instead of MOH/silence/tick tone.

I've tried changing Audio Calls Camped onto this Device/Ringing this Device/&Camped-On Annoucement Calls all to silence for the hunt group, phantom extensions, regular phone exentions and no matter what I do the caller keeps hearing ringing.....

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 10:17:48 PM »
Because you changed the Hold key to a DSS/BLF of the Hunt group, you're transferring the call to the hunt group, that's why the person on the other side hears ringing.  That's why we left the hold key alone and created the "park" key, with is really just the transfer to hold feature. It becomes a two step process then of pressing "park" key and then picking a line to "park" it on, but it does actually go on hold.

Offline jeremywatco

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 11:35:17 PM »
I tested that originally as well and worked great. The issue is this system is in a restaurant and the host staff that answers the phone is full of turn over and 15 year old kids that can barely tie their shoes. Trying to make it as idiot proof as possible, for lack of a better term.

Pushing two keys could be a disaster believe it or not...sad I know.

I see their are options for what it should do while ringing however they don't seem to do the trick.

Offline jeremywatco

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 07:39:45 PM »
another issue ive noticed with this is when you transfer a call into the hunt group of phantom extensions the call on "hold" will move around the hunt group and not stay put on a specific button... any thoughts on getting it to stay put?

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 11:03:23 AM »
Have you entered the phantoms individually under the members field?

If so you'll need to create a Hunt Group members list from the Phantoms and enter this under Members instead.

Offline dozer

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 11:20:34 PM »
Send the call to a hunt group with as many calls as you need at time to ring in (2 phantoms, 2 calls, etc. ) Add the phantoms as DSS/BLF keys on the phones labeled call 1, call 2.  Change the hold key to System Hold and not Station or Individual hold?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10