Author Topic: Mitel 3300 Call Recording - Setup announcement prior to call coming through  (Read 31563 times)

Offline armstr_a

• View Profile
Hi,

Firstly thanks alot for all the help i've received so far, excellent site.

I have a query a dept want to setup a announcement on a advertised to the public number so when phone rings caller is aware that the call is being recorded etc...

What is the best way of doing this? Also can the calls be recorded through a 3300 system or is an add-on required?

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 06:54:30 AM by ralph »

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: 3300 system - Setup announcement prior to call coming through
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 06:50:33 AM »
To answer your first question, you can do this is a couple of ways.
1- I've set up an ACD path that simply plays a Rad that says "your call may be recorded" and then interflows out to an operator. 
2- depending on your voice mail system you may be able to set it up to answer a call, play an announcement greeting and then transfer back out.   - The user experience isn't as clean since usually the last thing they hear after your announcement is "One moment while your call is being transferred."

To answer your second question - the embedded vm will record calls.  It can be set up to record all calls automatically for an extension or the user can press a record button.   On my phone I use a button.   I record the conversation and then the voice mail automatically emails that message to me.   The better solution is to use a product designed to record, save and organize these recordings allowing managers to actually monitor and manage these recordings.   We've have good luck with Oaisys Call Recording products.

Ralph
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 08:11:39 AM by ralph »

Offline armstr_a

• View Profile
Hi Ralph,

Just a quick question in relation to .2 you said about embedded voicemail to record calls? -

How can I find out if my 3300 systems embedded voice mail can record calls? we use 5312/5324 handsets so would be great to have a button on the handset that started the recording when answering a call.
Its only 4 internal numbers that i actually require recording.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
Someone may correct me here but I think that all 3300s with embedded VM can do call recording.
But....   You need to be sure you have enough ports to do call recording and normal voice mail.

You'll need to set up a call recording hunt group that has at least (in your case) 4 ports avail for recording.
Next add a call record button to the 4 phones you want to record and be sure you have VM boxes for them.
In the COS of those phones you can set it up to automatically call record when they answer a call.

Hope that gets you started ok.

Ralph

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Ralph is correct... all 3300's that I have worked with (about Rls 7 and up) have the ability to do call recording with the embedded VM, and the setup is exactly as you described. Doing call recording with an external VM can be a little more challenging, although Nupoint does this very well I am told (I haven't done this though, other than in class).

One way we have done this in the past is setup the mailboxes to automatically forward to email then delete the message from the VM system... You can use this to make an archive of a department by sending all the messages to one email address then setup the Exchange server or a client to automatically archive these into a specific folder. Note that recording every call for several phones in an active call center can eat up a ton of space quickly.

Offline armstr_a

• View Profile
Hi,

Thanks alot for your responses.

What I have done so far as a test on my own extension is within Class of service option assignment - create a new COS and scrolled down making sure -

Record a call active
Record a call - start recording automatically
Record a call - save record on hangup

Are all set to YES. Is that all that is required within here? Cannot see any other obvious option on the list.
I have then made sure that Class of service for day/night1/night2 is now set to the new COS i set up.
Then within the group administration tool i edited my handset (5312) within the set up desktop menu and selected one of the spare 12 keys and assigned 'Record a call' to it. I've been trying to test this by incoming outgoing calls and pressing the key doesn't light up or give any indication the call is being recorded. Having hung up and dialled my voicemail it tells me its empty??

Have i missed a step at all here?

Thanks in advance

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
Did you create the recording hunt group?

Ralph

Offline armstr_a

• View Profile
Hi Ralph,

No unfortunately not. I don't know how to sorry  :-[
been reading the help guide but still not sure.

Offline armstr_a

• View Profile
Ok, i believe i've located the area -

Under Voicemail - Hunt group assignment.

I only see one entry at present which is the number users ring to access there own voice mails. It has 16 members underneath it with various other numbers.

If i click add - What can i set the hunt group as? can it be one of the 16 numbers that are listed in the VM entry above or a unique one?

I presume in the COS i add the COS number i setup that set to record calls?

Also 'Hunt group type' from the drop down i see one called voicemail? is this what i want? others in the list include - Recorder, phantom, emergency, name tag...

Thanks again for your help.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Also, I believe if you look in the embedded help under Record A Call in the features section (not in front of a 3300 right now, might need to use the search function), there is a complete section on this feature with a walk-thru of all programming steps involved. There are several, including changes to the VM COS, Station COS, and Hunt Group changes.

Offline armstr_a

• View Profile
Hi,

I've been trying to follow the vague instructions but am having difficulty with the hunt group assignment bit. I can see one entry at present for our voicemail. It then has a list of members underneath. I wanted to add a new hunt group but every number i try and give it i get the pilot number is in use elsewhere. I have deleted one of the members and tried to make use of that number for a new huntgroup but this time says the new pilot number is used elsewhere?

I want to be able to find a spare number i guess to be able to assign record feature to it but unsure how to do this?

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
The hunt group pilot number has to be unique.
To find an available number, go to maintenance commands and enter
Loc all free DN <1st extn number> to <2nd extn number>

if you use 4 digit numbers for your extensions an example command would be:
Loc all free dn 1000 to 8999
It will show you all available numbers between 1000 and 8999.

Ralph

Offline armstr_a

• View Profile
Thanks for the info guys.

Just a quick note. users dn's run from 2300 - 2499. VM runs on 7000 i've located spares from 7000 upwards is this ok?

I've added it to a new hunt group but when i set the COS to number 7 which is a new COS i set up with all 'record calls' set to yes i receive the message below -

Hunt group has one of the COS not set as a voice mail port.

If I leave the COS fields for day/night blank it saves ok?

Wondering if any of you know what could be the cause? Do i also need to add a couple of other spare numbers within this new group?

Thanks again.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
Any number above 7000 is ok.
You can leave your COS blank in the hunt groups.
The important part is to set the hunt group type to "recorder".

Ralph

Offline armstr_a

• View Profile
Excellent,

Thanks for this. I believe i've setup this correctly on a new 7042 hunt group currently with no members within. Could you please advise on the next step to test this? If i dial 7042 from my handset it says 'out of service'
Just unsure how this actually links in with me pressing a 'record call' feature key on my handset and how it stores in 7042?
Hope this makes sense. Sorry for my lack of knowledge here!

But i have the COS in place on number 7

My handset COS is set to 7-7-7

The new hunt group is set up using a spare number 7042. COS is left blank as advised and the type is set to 'recorder'

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10