Author Topic: UCA 4.1.22.0, Lotus Notes and IE9 plugins  (Read 4950 times)

Offline PFloyd

• Contributer
    • View Profile
UCA 4.1.22.0, Lotus Notes and IE9 plugins
« on: April 24, 2012, 02:37:27 PM »
Hello, everyone. New to the forums and I hope that you all can help me.

We recently switched our phone system to Mitel, and the next phase of our implementation is to get UCA on everyone's desktops.

I'm running into a problem where the Mitel installer does not appear to install the Mitel toolbar in either Lotus Notes (8.5.3 client) nor IE9. This is despite repeated attempts at doing various types of installations, from Typical, Complete and Custom, installing as administrator, installing after fresh reboots, etc. I have two other users who have it successfully installed in some fashion:

User 1 (My PC)
  • Windows 7 (64 bit)
  • IE9
  • Lotus Notes 8.5.3 client
NO Mitel toolbar in Lotus Notes nor any add on listed in Internet Explorer

User 2's PC
  • Windows 7 (64 bit)
  • IE9
  • Lotus Notes 8.5.2FP2 client

NO Mitel toolbar in Lotus Notes, add on IS listed in Internet Explorer

User 3's PC
  • Windows 7 (32 bit)
  • IE8
  • Lotus Notes 8.5.3 client

Mitel toolbar in Lotus Notes and add on in Internet Explorer are both available.

I'm focusing on my PC (User 1) in particular so that I'm not disrupting any other users.

On the Notes side, My notes.ini file has the entry EXTMGR_ADDINS=nextda.dll in it, and the DLL exists in the Notes directory as well.

For IE, the DialIE.dll is in the Mitel folder.

Partial IE update: Upon further investigation, the IE add on is only in 32 bit versions of IE9, not 64 bit versions. On all PCs, the 32 bit IE versions have the Mitel add on. So the IE question now becomes how to get it working in the 64 bit versions?

I recognize that both the official UCA documentation for 4.1 and 5.0 state that Lotus Notes up to 8.5.2 are supported, but we do have it installed on one PC successfully (User 3 above). In each case, the documentation states Windows 7 64 bit is supported, but there's no mention of the IE version for the Mitel add on.

Thanks again for any help you can provide!

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
Re: UCA 4.1.22.0, Lotus Notes and IE9 plugins
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 02:40:44 PM »
First I've heard about any tool bar related to the UCA.  Do you have a link that explains what it is and what it looks like?  I'd like to see what it does.

Offline PFloyd

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 03:12:55 PM »
Here is what the toolbar looks like in Notes:

The Mitel logo button fires up the UCA desktop client. The phone icon places a call, the globe icon starts a collaborative session.

Here is the list of plugins on User 3's PC (my PC does not list the Mitel plugins):

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 10:14:17 PM »
My understanding was that x64 was supported only for the main UCA client, not for any of the pluggins. Thus why the Outlook calendar sync'ing won't install in a x64 system. I know to get around that in newest UCA, the UCA server integrates somehow directly with a company's Exchange server, but I haven't explored this yet. I know that doesn't really help Lotus users...

Offline PFloyd

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 08:08:29 AM »
Blue,

Thanks, but no, it doesn't really help much in Lotus' case. Lotus Notes (last I was aware of) is only a 32 bit app, whereas Outlook can be 32 or 64 bit, so in that case, it can make perfect sense that the plugins there may only work with the 32 bit version. Already with IE it seems that it supports 32 bit only (although, even though the add on is listed in my 32 bit IE, I still don't see how it operates...would love to see some end user documentation on it or ANY of these plugins)...

BTW, the Lotus Notes calendar sync with UCA *does* work on my 64 bit PC...just the plugin for the dialing is not there.

Does anyone have ANY documentation on any of these add ons/plugins for UCA that specifies how they work and what their minimum requirements are?

Also, on a slightly different topic, does anyone have ANY documentation on the command line options for ucadialer.exe?

Offline PFloyd

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: UCA 4.1.22.0, Lotus Notes and IE9 plugins (and 5.0.22.0, too)
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 12:13:23 PM »
For reference, we're up to 5.0.22 now, and the same problem still exists, even after a complete install.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10