Author Topic: 1st alternatives and speed calls - simple mobile phone no. forwards  (Read 8590 times)

Offline milenmar

• View Profile
Hi All.

When the Mitel system was put in place we gave the Mitel engineers a list of pepople who's extension numbers would forward to their mobile if they were logged out or busy internaly and externally etc.

This was achieved by creating system speed calls pointing to the mobile phone number and then a 1st alternative pointing to the system speed call number, and finally the persons record would point to that 1st alternative number.

This for me is a convoluted way to achieve this but we were told it was the best way to accomplish what we asked.

The problem now is we've run out of 1st alternative numbers and i've still got a bunch of mobile phone numbers for which to create forwards to.

Is there any other way to achieve this goal? I note I can change the dimension selection to increase the ammount of 1st alternatives that I can use but it says to do this I need to backup the database, change the value and then restore it.... I don't really want to do this.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Mark

Online v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 1st alternatives and speed calls - simple mobile phone no. forwards
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 08:29:45 AM »
There are a couple of ways to do this

1. Allow call forwarding external and program it at the station
2. Speeddial to external number and program it at the station kind of like number 1 but more restrictive
3. External Hotdesking feature (requires a license)

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 08:39:58 AM »
AS v2win stated, you can forward the users phone by forwarding to the speed dial from the desk set.  You can forward on RNA or busy.  When logged out the phone should forward based on the busy.

But I'd suggest that if you have that many users that need to forward to their cell phone you may want to use either Mobility (my preference) or external hot desking.    This gives your users more control over when their cell phone is active.

Ralph

Online v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 08:44:54 AM »
UC Mobile is going away

Offline milenmar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 08:46:06 AM »
thanks for the replies

I know if we programmed it at their desks then the users would forget to enable it.....

we don't have voicemail as a feature so we like the ability to forward to mobile so that if they're on the phone it goes to their mobile and can leave a message there...and mainly because our guys are often out of the office in which case their phone will be logged out and forward to mobile.

We have external hot desking licences but unsure on how to use them - there's lots of extensions already programmed in with this. If someone has that enabled with their mobile number will it forward to their mobile when they're on a call or will it only use the mobile number when phone is logged out?

Offline milenmar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 09:12:06 AM »
just populated my record with my mobile phone number as it's external hot desk number - it works when I'm logged out, but when I'm on the phone and someone rings it just goes to my first alternative

Online v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 09:19:41 AM »
Is your 2nd line a multicall of your first line?

Offline milenmar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 09:47:29 AM »
I don't understand what a second line of a multicall means  :-\

I'm still fairly new to this

Online v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 11:13:02 AM »
No problem that's what this support forum is for.

Under user and configuration section for your phone there should be a tab that says keys

In the keys tab depending on how the vendor configured they system it will either be the same number with a line type of multicall or a singleline with a different number for example if your extension is 100 your second line might be 2100.

A multicall is the same number on both keys that act as two different lines.

Offline milenmar

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 11:20:14 AM »
I don't see anything there apart from my superkey and one I set as a secretarial key...... key 1, which is what I think you might be referring to isn't shown?

I've attached a screenshot

I'm supposed to be going on 3 days of training at some point.... there's so much to try and understand in this system  :)

thanks.

Offline milenmar

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 11:39:01 AM »
ahhhh - maybe you meant Advanced configuration => Multiline set keys?

if so, under there for my extension the 'Prime Line Type' is set to Single line, it's the same for everyone

Online v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2012, 03:09:16 PM »
On key 2 add 4904 as a multicall and see if you get a call on your cell when you are on a call with your deskphone.

Offline martyn

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2012, 07:30:17 PM »
If you do go down the line of EHDU's then you will need to make sure that there is a COS set up for those extensions so that they stay permanently logged in.

Offline milenmar

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2012, 04:03:19 AM »
ooooh - that's cool, I like that feature.....although the call didn't go through to my mobile when I was on a call, it just started ringing my phone - but it's a cool feature to have as a few of our PA's would like some call waiting kind of function and I guess that's one way to accomplish that problem

I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and increase the dimensions thingy to allow more 1st alternatives, I'll be honest, changing that scares me a little.

thanks

Online v2win

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2012, 11:57:28 AM »
If you go into personal ring groups are you built and set as present? I am wondering if you are still using the system rerouting to forward to your cell.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10