Author Topic: UCA - Centrally manage dynamic status options  (Read 3247 times)

Offline dza888

• Contributer
    • View Profile
UCA - Centrally manage dynamic status options
« on: March 30, 2012, 12:53:37 AM »
Hi All,

Using the Mitel Unified communicator advanced (UCA) 3.2.14.0 connecting to a Mitel 3300 IP system.

Users can add/delete/edit their own 'dynamic status' options, which is all well and good. But I want to be able to predefine a set of dynamic status options and then roll these out to all users... However I cant for the life of me find where these dynamic status profile options actually get saved to?

Ive searched the registry, roaming profile etc but havent come across them as yet... I'm beginning to think I might have to setup the options on ever single staff members' UCA individually  :-[ clearly I'm trying to avoid this and manage it centrally.

soooooooo has anyone got any ideas? please let me know and we can be BFFs :P

Offline jmurray

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: UCA - Centrally manage dynamic status options
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 05:14:57 PM »
Have been told by Mitel Support that Dynamic Status options can't be centrally changed and pushed out to all users.  The settings for Dynamic Status are stored in the users local app data mitel UC folder and not in the UCA server.  We have sent in a request to have this option.  Call Mitel or your Mitel rep and let them know you are interested in this feature as well but until it hopefully gets put in a future release, but it is not possible to change those settings it in just one place right now.

Offline boycey9

• View Profile
Re: UCA - Centrally manage dynamic status options
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 12:33:33 PM »
Thety are actually stored locally on the PC and also on the server, When you install a new client it creates a default set on the PC which when you connect to the server it sends them to the server to be remembered.

The local profiles are stored in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Mitel\UC.cfg file and so are not editable

Not sure about the server location
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 12:37:47 PM by boycey9 »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10