Author Topic: UCA Config - Is there a GPO ADMX or template to configure/limit UCA features?  (Read 3856 times)

Offline UEIT

• Contributer
    • View Profile
We're trying to limit certain features to our users from the UCA, e.g. for the sake of our company's privacy policy, we don't want them to record chat..etc. Is there a GPO template from Mitel to configure UCA settings or do we have to create a transform file for the original UCA msi file and deploy the UCA that way?? Thank you.

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
I have successfully created an MST file using a freebie called InstEd.  However, it was mainly just to populate the web address of the server so that the install could be hands-free and the end-users just needed to login. 

I think the issue of call recordings needs to be handled as a policy issue, rather than a technical issue.  Convincing the powers-that-be of that is another issue entirely.

Offline martyn

• View Profile
Some of the features can be disabled from the server, by defining the users features. For example chat can be removed as a feature, then the user wont see the option for it.

Offline boycey9

• View Profile
as you guessed you need a transform script, You will need the Administrator guide which will provide all the options you can set.

Offline UEIT

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Thank you all for the reply, looks like MST would be the way. We do want the users to have chat capacity, so we can't disable that feature. We've used Orca to do our transforms, question is, what are the tables we need to modify to disable chat recording? I went through the Admin Guide, it has very little on configuring user settings, it concentrates more on including server FQDN and things similar.

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
My guess is going to be that Call Recording is not going to be an editable field that you can turn on and off with UCA or an MST file.  If it is, it's undocumented.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10