Author Topic: Define IP Endpoint licenses  (Read 18456 times)

Offline portlandian

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Define IP Endpoint licenses
« on: April 18, 2012, 06:20:39 PM »
Hi! I'm trying to get an exact definition for Endpoint License. It shows up in the manual I started to read as such:

"The Mitel CS-5200, CS-5400, and CS-5600 systems are sold separately as kits that include five
IP endpoint licenses each. Additional IP endpoint licenses are required before more than five IP
endpoints will operate on a system."

I think this means that by default, the CS-5200 will handle up to 5 devices (like the 5324 ip phone for example) before I must purchase a 'license' that will allow it to have more devices. Is that correct? I couldn't find a definition anywhere on the internet!

Thanks for the help!

Offline marcolive

• View Profile
Re: Define IP Endpoint licenses
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 09:24:29 PM »
You are right! Every phone need a licence. For IP phones, you will need "Category D" licences to allow more IP devices on this system.

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 04:09:53 PM »
The manual you are reading must be a pre V4.0 one as the Mitel 5000 is just called a 5000 now, also you don't get 5 licenses (in the UK anyway) you get either 16 CAT D licenses which will allow you to equip the system with up to 16 Mitel 53xx phones. Or a DDM16 which will allow you up to 16 digital phones. As starter packs.

If you are working on an existing system get into DB programming then click on Help / About Software License

You will then see a list of what licenses the system has:

A, Old style Inter-Tel IP Phones
B, Old Style Softphones
C, Can't remember
D, Current Style Mitel IP Phones
E, Digital Phones Post V4
F, SIP Phones, SIP Softphones

So yes as Marcolive already posted you need a license for ever live phone.

Offline portlandian

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 06:00:27 PM »
Fascinating, I am using 22 of 22 Cat D licenses. There is another mitel server in our other bldg too, I'm sure it's different.

This sure is different from when I fooled around with FreePBX about a year ago :D I had 5 lines to google accounts getting unlimited free calls, and you could make as many 'end points' as you wanted.

Can I assume that Cat. D endpoint licenses are purchased one at a time and our server is remotely accessed and given such purchased licenses?

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 06:09:26 AM »
At the current release you have to buy the licenses which get put into your License 'bank' on Mitel Online, you then have to add the licenses to your system account and create a new System License which you then download and add manually to the 5000.

You can only do this if you have the relevant permissions on Mitel Online, so you may have to talk to your vendor about new licenses.

It's a bit of a chore but I've been told they are working on having the licensing work pretty much as you described in a future release.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10