Author Topic: Noob Q: Setting up listening in structure  (Read 2491 times)

Offline portlandian

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Noob Q: Setting up listening in structure
« on: April 18, 2012, 04:43:14 PM »
Hi all

I recently became the resident IT person at a place that uses a Mitel CS 5200 system running v3.1.2.18 which I can connect to via DB studio

I've never worked on these systems before but I am good at duplicating instructions provided they aren't filled with words I don't understand.

I don't know what the feature is named, but essentially the ability to listen in on other people, i need to implement a tiered structure for this so anyone at Tier 1 can listen to anyone else on Tier 1, and at Tier 2 anyone can listen to anyone else on Tier 1 and 2, etc.

Currently this is managed under System>Devices and Feature Codes>Hunt Groups>Local>####

Peoples extensions are placed into the member list and supervisor list for say 2001 who are all Tier 1. Then in hunt group 2002, all people in Tier 1 and 2 are added to members, but only Tier 2 people are put in supervisors.

This can't be the correct way to go about this! I have 4 tiers and it's very redundant if a Tier 1 person is hired and I have to add them to the members list of all 4 hunt groups.

Is there anyway I can add people to a group, then say that people supervise that group?

Also, can anyone tell me where backups are setup, so I can check to make sure that it is backing up, and even further, if I royally screw something up then I can use the backup :D

Thanks for any help!
Appreciated!

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Noob Q: Setting up listening in structure
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 04:22:19 PM »
If i'm reading this correctly create a new group called Monitor or similar, place all of the Supervisors in the Supervisor field and all of the users they wish to listen to in the Members field.

To backup your 5000 click on Operations at the top then hover over Database Operations, you will se a number of options.

Database Save, backs up the 5000 database to your PC, stick a USB stick in the front of the 5000 and you can also back up the Voice Prompts you have saved on the system at the same time.
Backup Database Save, saves the changes you have just made to the Backup Database File. The system does this for you at 1am ish every day but if you have just spent a couple of hours entering speed dials or lots of DDIs you feel a lot safer clicking that button!
Database Restore, lets you restore the 5000 from a backup
Default Database, speaks for it self.

Offline portlandian

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 05:54:07 PM »
you'll have to forgive me, i'm not familiar with where i would create that group? And does it have a more specific designation, like Hunt Group, or extension group, etc.

and would this follow the Tiered idea? Tier 2 can listen in on Tier 1 and 2, but not 3. Tier 3 can listen in on 1, 2 and 3. I actually have 4 Tiers, so I want to avoid if I have a new end point added needing to go into Tier 1, 2, 3 and 4 and adding them to the 'hunt groups' 'member list' for each tier.

Ideally I could just tag them as Tier 1, and set it so Tier 1, 2, 3 and 4 can always listen in on anyone tagged Tier 1.

Thanks,
Evan.

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 06:22:58 AM »
When you click into Devices and Feature Codes then Hunt Groups in the right hand pane you should see the hunt groups you have currently. If you right click anywhere in the right hand pane apart from actually on the hunt groups it will ask you if you want to creat a new one, then it will ask you what number you wish to use and you can change the name once it has been created.

Unfortunately I didn't read it right the first time and you are going to have to have multiple Listening In groups if it isn't just a bunch of Supervisors wanting to listen to a load of members.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10