Author Topic: SX-200 Bay  (Read 6410 times)

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
SX-200 Bay
« on: January 27, 2009, 09:39:24 AM »
Has anyone attempted to use a SX-200 bay on a 3300 yet?
I have one that I am messing around with and I cannot seem to make it work.

Offline Northeaster

• View Profile
Re: SX-200 Bay
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 09:58:03 AM »
yes, I have connected a sx-200 bay, to a 3300MXE, rls9.0.  worked fine.  does not support trunk cards (ie LS/GS) in the per cabinet.  I used embedded CIM port to connect to CIM module on Bay Contoller III card.

You will find the sx-200 bay programming, under heading for ASU, not PER cabinets.  Once you identify the bay # to the system here, then go into Per Cabinets, card assignmemt, and program up your cards.  be careful to choose the correct cards (ie, not just ON? or Dnic, you must choose the ones specifi to a 200 cabinet, such as ons 12port, dnic 12 port, or something like that.  -** if you have the cards installed, they will sow installed, and will give you the proper "name", so it's easy to match up programmed type to installed type.

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 03:19:48 PM »
I tried using an old sx-200 per node cabinet I had sitting around and I don't think it was new enough. I read something about having to be rev 3 or higher? I think the cabinet I have is rev 1, I assume this is why I could not get it to work.

I was just trying it out for fun so I wasn't allowed to purchase a new bay.

Maybe next time.

Offline Northeaster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 05:56:31 PM »
I doubt if the age of the cabinet would be an issue - the one I have is quite a few years old.  You must have a bay control III card to connect to the ICP.  What type of Bay Control Card (BCC)do you have ?   For example you may have an old BCC, or a BCC II.  Some systems used an older BCC card and then a Peripheral interacfe card, to the left of the power card, to connect the copper / fiber to the main EL/ML cabinet.  This will not work with the 200 ICP.  It must be a BCCIII card!

Offline Northeaster

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 11:06:38 AM »
Matt - I stand corrected - you were right!  The cabinet does have to be revision 2, to support the BCCIII card.

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 03:55:23 PM »
I had two different BCC III cards that I tried, neither of them worked.

Offline MitelMania

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 09:13:04 AM »
make sure you didnt accidentilly kill the BCC card by not waiting long enough for it to come up... remember it has to download its firmware from the PBX when it boots up and sees a different version than is what is already on the card....

I had more than one of my techs brick BCC-III cards on the 200-EL that way  (then id have to reload them manually)...

you can watch the BCC-III card load by connecting to the printer port of the SX-200 Bay and hyper-terminal at 38400,N,8,1..  if the card boots and just says "waiting for AFC" it means it hasnt seen the 3300...  if the card gives you an error like "cant find bcc3.o" the card has lost its programming....
-Christopher

Offline Northeaster

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 10:01:21 AM »
Chris - Great info.  I didn't know you could watch the BCCIII card communicate!!

Thanks!

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 07:34:26 PM »
Thats a new tip for me, I have a feeling that I waited long enough (24 hours).

I will try your tip sometime soon.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10