Author Topic: Does anyone use AWC for screen sharing / tech support?  (Read 3634 times)

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
Does anyone use AWC for screen sharing / tech support?
« on: April 16, 2012, 02:00:16 PM »
I thought for sure that AWC would be very useful for screen sharing and helping staff, but, whether it's because I'm not using it enough, or something else, it's just hard to figure out screen sharing...let alone directing the person at the other end of the phone to do so.

join.me takes 2 seconds.

Any thoughts on this?  Maybe the newest release is better?

Thanks.

Offline boycey9

• View Profile
Re: Does anyone use AWC for screen sharing / tech support?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 12:26:52 PM »
Yes the latest release is much better but it is still designed for sharing applications/presentations in a meeting and not as a support package, Therefore I feel join.me will always be easier.
Unfortunately there was a support plug in/app on the original intertel product that Mitel used to use themselves but alas it seems it is no more.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 09:45:13 PM »
I agree with boycey9.   Join.me is simpler for ad hoc support sessions.

I haven't used the latest version of AWC.  With the older product I created a short cut.   What I did was create a permanent web conference that required me to be in it.   Then I bought a domain (www.dataconference.us) with a directory of /ralph.  I then redirected that page to my permanent conference so all I had to do was tell people to go to that page and they would automatically join the conference.  Didn't work out as well as planned.  Not because there was anything wrong with the technical aspects of it but because the people I deal with couldn't understand how to type 'www.dataconference.us' and then /ralph.    Gave up.  Went back to join.me.    I still own the domain so maybe I'll revive it sometime. 

My job is a high percentage of remote support and management of Mitel products.  It's helpful to be able to show people how to do something rather than tell them over and over and over again.  But I suspect that join.me with be changing things shortly.   Requiring you to pay a fee to use.   

Ralph

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 09:23:13 AM »
We use logmeinrescue which isn't free but works really well.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 10:15:05 PM »
We wanted to use it. Especially since YA Collab was pretty easy to setup for this....but alas that dream died along time ago. Now its join.me

Offline Kurt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 10:26:37 AM »
I would love LMI Rescue - it's just too darn expensive per seat!

I really wish Mitel would include a piece in AWC/MCA that had the old InterTel Remote Support Tool - even if it was a licensable add-on.

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 11:42:37 AM »
  We do a HUGE amount of remote support - Mitel and otherwise.  I haven't seen anything that beats Bomgar.  A few key points for us:

- Remote session will survive a reboot of client machine
 - Screen recording (he said you did this, but you can clearly see he did that)
 - File transfer
 - Remote MACs/iPhone/Windows/Android (kinda) and maybe others by now

The list is huge.  It's not cheap, but if your company does a lot of this you should take a look.

-Chak

PS:  sounds like a sales job - but really we aren't even a Bomgar reseller.  Just love the damn thing.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10