Author Topic: DHCP : Discovery Option 128 missing  (Read 12930 times)

Offline koit

• View Profile
DHCP : Discovery Option 128 missing
« on: April 13, 2012, 06:43:38 AM »
Hi all

I've just been sent my mitel 5312. I work remotely and was assured that this product was plug and play.

I've plugged the lan cable from the phone into the adaptor box provided (phone socket) - the other socket I've connected another lan cable to which is plugged into my sky router(which is a netgear router).

The phone has power, hence me seeing the message !

I've checked my router settings and DHCP is enabled.

What is going on ? - I've done an awful lot of googling this morning and checking various forums but some of the responses look way above my technical expertise.

I realise that upon boot of the phone you can press 7 and it asks for teleworker ip. Thing is, I'm on a home network and was told there's no need to input ip's. Who's right ?

Any help gratefully received, but if you could reply in layman's terms, that would be even better for me.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: DHCP : Discovery Option 128 missing
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 08:31:02 AM »
Have you seen this doc yet?

Option 128 Missing

Ralph

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: DHCP : Discovery Option 128 missing
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 08:48:28 AM »
What it basically means is your phone hasn't been configured with the IP address of the telephone system, whether it be a 5000 or a 3300.

If you were on a office network you can configure the DHCP server to automatically configure the telephone with this information with Option 128, because you are at home I very much doubt you have a DHCP server capable of that.

You need to contact whoever sent you the phone and tell them that it isn't configured properly, it needs the IP address of the telephone system.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10