Author Topic: No Ring for second caller when call recipient is on the phone.  (Read 6600 times)

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
I think this falls under 5000 programming.  I'm pretty new at that and usually only deal with the basics.

My colleague brought this situation up to me and I confirmed it first-hand.  When she is on the phone (and I can tell she is on the phone now that we have the UCA) and I call her using her internal 4 digit extension, I do not hear any ringing.  She can visually see me come up on the UCA caller ID, even as she is speaking to another party.

Shouldn't my call to her generate a ring tone for me, and then after a certain number of rings, go to VM?

I think this has nothing to do with UCA and would happen regardless.  That's why I think this is strictly a programming issue.

I compared her phone setup to others, and I found one anomoly, which I'm not sure matters:  House Phone Day, which is Red X'd, had a number in it.  I don't think anyone else has that, so I deleted the number which had an asterisks and 11 digits.  Besides, the Red X means that that feature wasn't turned on or licensed anyway, right?

I haven't tested it yet, but I doubt that's the issue. 

Suggestions?

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: No Ring for second caller when call recipient is on the phone.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 03:03:38 PM »
House Phone Day and night numbers are what the phone automatically dials if you have the House Phone flag enabled and go off hook.

Confusingly the numbers you enter for Station Speed dial 1 and 2 (or 0 and 1) are also entered under these fields. we use these fields for programming pick up groups which are a bit lacking on the 5000.

So the number you deleted on this particular phone was probably one of the users station speed dials  :-[

Regarding what you hear whilst ringing a busy phone could be down to CAMP ON indication flag on the Phone, and also the Audio For Calls Camped on to this Device setting also under the phone settings.

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 03:21:29 PM »
ok.  Good info for both items.  I took a picture of what I deleted, so I can put it back if necessary.

About this "CAMP ON" thing...I don't know what that is.  But from the way you put it, it sounds like something controlled directly by the phone set.  Is that the case?  No Admin Console...but directly on the phone?  These are the older Inter-Tel Digital phones.  Any further info you could provide?

Thanks again.

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 03:53:46 PM »
The CAMP ON settings are configured from the Admin Console, log into the console and go to System / Devices and Feature Codes / Phones and click on one of your phones.

Towards the bottom of the page you will see Audio for calls Ringing for this device, Audio for calls Camped on for this device etc etc.

Camped on basically means waiting for a busy person, the scenario you describe.

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 04:24:50 PM »
The "Audio for Calls" settings you mention are the same for the person in question as the rest of staff.  They all say "5000 CP" two times and then "Ringback."

I was hoping to see an obvious difference between her and the rest of the staff. 

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 08:50:32 AM »
Change the audio for calls camped on to this device to Ringback and carry out a test call.

Do calls to other busy stations definitely provide you with ring tone or do you go to VM?

Offline dozer

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 11:35:22 PM »
Default the phone (Factory feature code 394). Turn Handsfree on or off depending if the user wants to use it (factory feature code 319).  Turn Headset on or off if the user is using a headset (factory feature code 317).

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10