Author Topic: What does this mean? "This DN has already been configured as a local-only"  (Read 6498 times)

Offline ineedhelp

• Contributer
    • View Profile
I am trying to set an extension key as a muti-call line type.  But I keep getting this error down below.  All my other lines have been set this way but now the system will not take these settings.  Any help would be grateful.

What does this mean and how do I resolve it.  "This DN has already been configured as a local-only DN in the network.  You cannot use this number to provision a key on a non-local device DN."

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
If your system was converted from a 4.0 or below database to a 4.0 or higher SDS database, someone set that extension up as a local dn, meaning that it is only used on the local system and won't/wouldn't be shared with the rest of a cluster. Unfortunately a downside to this is you can't add it or really edit it anymore. In order to change this, you'll need to either work with your VAR, or if you are a VAR, call support and have them walk you though getting access to the SDS Debug area. SDS Debug is a hidden set of forms that let you work with and correct these types of errors. You should however only do this under the supervision of support has it is direct Database access and changes in here can potentially effect other areas of your system.

Offline ineedhelp

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Thanks for your help.  I will do that.

Offline martyn

• View Profile
If your system was converted from a 4.0 or below database to a 4.0 or higher SDS database, someone set that extension up as a local dn, meaning that it is only used on the local system and won't/wouldn't be shared with the rest of a cluster. Unfortunately a downside to this is you can't add it or really edit it anymore. In order to change this, you'll need to either work with your VAR, or if you are a VAR, call support and have them walk you though getting access to the SDS Debug area. SDS Debug is a hidden set of forms that let you work with and correct these types of errors. You should however only do this under the supervision of support has it is direct Database access and changes in here can potentially effect other areas of your system.
Is there any info on MOL about getting access to the SDS debug area? We are a VAR, but I haven't managed to come across this anywhere!

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
No, to my knowledge there is no KB articles as you are to access it only under supervision from support.

Offline boycey9

• View Profile
upgrade to 5.0sp1 and your delete buttons are back.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10