Author Topic: UCA Chat Notifications  (Read 5873 times)

Offline acraig00

• Contributer
    • View Profile
UCA Chat Notifications
« on: April 04, 2012, 10:16:47 AM »
Is it possible to get better new chat notification with UCA 4.1?

We use Win7 x64. When you receive a new chat, it loads in the background, with only the blinking taskbar icon as notification. My users miss these constantly.

Would love an audio notification, toast pop-up that has to be manually cleared, or forcing new chat windows to stay on top.

Is any of this possible?

Thanks!

Offline acraig00

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Re: UCA Chat Notifications
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 09:01:10 AM »
i see that UCA 5.0 has sound notifications. Going to update to this ASAP.

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 11:47:43 AM »
Are those settings in the client? I just looked through mine and didn't see anything for sounds.

Offline jmurray

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 05:07:50 PM »
We have the same problem with an open chat only blinking on the taskbar.  We have asked numerous times to have a check box that will allow a toast pop up or bring the chat to the front when a message is sent each time just like it does the first time you recieve the message but it has been rejected as an enhancement so far. 

The only other option we have been given is to have UCA play a sound when a message is sent.  You can access the sound that is played when UCA Chat Message is Recieved by going to the Windows Control Panel and clicking on Sound.  In the Sound application, click on the Sounds tab.  In the Program Events list, scroll down and find Unified Communicator Advanced Sounds and pick the sounds you want for the various options like "Chat Message is Received".

It seem like Mitel thinks chat is not something you should start with someone and then open another app or work on something else that covers it up.  I, like you, just wish it had better options for notifications of incoming chats so I didn't have to hear from my frustrared users all the time.  For what it is worth, they have told me it is patterned after Microsoft Instant Messanger, which I guess hast he same behavior.

Offline acraig00

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 11:16:41 AM »
Mattmayn,

The admin doc for UCA 5.0, pg30 (http://edocs.mitel.com/default.htm#UCA_anchor), says there is a "Notifications" subcategory in the client configuration screen. I havent upgraded yet, so i havent seen it with my own eyes.

Notifications:
Popup windows (incoming call, call me back, chat invitation,
collaboration invitation, and login notification) and auditory alerts
(new chat, chat received, knowledge management window, and
login notification) provide users with notification when events
occur.

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 10:30:41 AM »
I don't see one. The Call Notifications is about calls only. I am running 5.0.22

Offline jmurray

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 12:29:48 PM »
You should still be able to turn on and change the sound notifications for UCA chat from the Windows control panel. 

Windows Control Panel | Sound | Sounds tab.  In the Program Events list, scroll down and find Unified Communicator Advanced Sounds and pick the sounds you want for the various options like "Chat Message is Received".

Hopefully there will be more options in a future release that will bring chat to front or pop something up when a message is recieved.

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 01:51:40 PM »
That works! Highly annoying that you can't do it in the client or on the server though.

Thanks.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10