Author Topic: Can't get calls to roll to Voicemail - Mitel 5000  (Read 17711 times)

Offline Jeremy Whitehead

• View Profile
Can't get calls to roll to Voicemail - Mitel 5000
« on: March 29, 2012, 06:01:11 PM »
Hello all,

I've got a single user who I can't get her calls to roll to voicemail.  I should probably state that we're using hot desking profiles.  I've checked and the call forwarding path is set up correctly and I've doubled checked to make sure the mailbox is associated as well as set up and active.  Any idea what I'm missing?

Thanks,

Jeremy Whitehead
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 06:02:00 AM by ralph »

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Can't get calls to roll to Voicemail
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 06:01:43 AM »
I'm not a 5000 tech but I'd suggest the step you missed is actually forwarding the phone to voice mail.

A phone will never go to VM unless you tell it to.   You should be able to step to the phone and forward it via them menus or log into the 5000 and do it there.

Ralph

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Can't get calls to roll to Voicemail - Mitel 5000
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 05:29:33 PM »
Under the extn not forwarding calls check the Flags, make sure System Call Forwarding is set to yes.

Under the system forwarding section double click the forwarding path and check the type of call they wish to forward is actually forwarded.

Let me know how you get on!

Offline Jeremy Whitehead

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 10:53:59 AM »
Ok...here's what I've discovered.  The Hot Desk profile Forwarding path keeps disappearing.  In this instance, I'll go in and set the forwarding path up just like it is in all the others, but when I log out of the DB Programming and then log back in - it's gone again!   I'm only putting the one call forwarding path in there - just the one to send calls to VM and it's identical to the other profiles that work correctly.  I don't get it?  The system forwarding flag on the profile is set to yes so that can't be it.

Offline Jeremy Whitehead

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 02:24:06 PM »
Finally broke down and put a call into Mitel support.  Turns out the mailbox was corrupted and they remoted in and deleted it and re-added it.  Once it got re-added, the call forwarding path took hold.

Offline -Med_Man-

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 07:23:31 PM »
Just an addition, I was experiencing the same issue on a users phone, and the System Forward flag was set to Yes in the system, as it should be, but the line still wouldn't go to VM.

It wasn't until I went to the phone, and manually entered feature code 352 (system forward ON), that the flag actually registered.  Rings to VM normally now.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10