Author Topic: Configuring ARS, when IP trunk is down four digit dialling will still be active  (Read 2969 times)

Offline ophillips12

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Hey All,

This is my first post on here so may have got the posting a little wrong. Apologies.

Anyways, i have a problem and wondered if one of you boffins could sort it?

I work for a law firm that has 13 controller in total. I have recently implemented IP Trunking across the site and this is now all up and running. However, i wanted the users to have a seamless experience with the dialling. The problem i have is that if one of the IP trunks fails that users have to dial internationally as ARS will not be able to send the digits down the ip trunk if it fails.

So my question is how do i get round it? Should the IP line fail i still want users to be able to diall short dials as normal. There must be some way of configuring ARS to do this?

Thanks for any help, greatly appreciated!

Ollie

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
Hi Ollie, this is indeed possibe with using 'route lists' basically a route list when configured contains multiple routes to a destination. 1st choice could be ip trunks, 2nd choice could be pstn. You can then also implement digit modifications on a per route basis to insert the digits you dont want the user to dial but are required to set the call up.

I think an real world example is required. Please give more details

Offline ophillips12

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Thanks Bob!!!

I have two sites Leeds (A) and Luxembourg (B)

Users dial say 6200 from B and the call gets pushed over an IP Trunk to Location A. Now my problem is that if the IP trunk from B to A is down i still want the users to be able to dial 6200 and the call gets routed. I guess the call would have to be routed over the PSTN ? something like the below:

user dials 3603 which is a leeds number and the DDI to 3603 is 0044 113 300 0603

I would need the Mitel to recognise the trunk is down then strip off the 3 and add 0044 113 3000 so that the call gets to its destination.

Thansk very much for your help! :)

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
Ok so, let's say that your ars uses route 10 for leading digits 36xx you change the ara digits dialled form to be list 10 rather than route 10 (it doesn't have to be 10 but keeps a bit of continuity) within route list 10, 1st choice route would be 10 (ip trunks) and then you need to create a new route. Say 20 which points to your pstn trunks and uses a new digit mod number again say 10. In here you say absorb 1 digit (which will be the 3) and insert 0044 1133000

Offline ophillips12

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Bob, Thanks for all your help on this one! It has finally sunk in.

Thanks again!

Ollie

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10