Author Topic: Mitel 3300 SIP Trunk Looses Registration  (Read 10380 times)

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Mitel 3300 SIP Trunk Looses Registration
« on: November 29, 2011, 09:40:23 AM »
I had an issue the AM with a customer where they loose their SIP trunk registration.

I get this log:
SIP trunk Broadvox2 Account <blanked> Registrar <IP Address Blanked> failed to register due to possible incorrect username and/or password.

To resolve, all I do is go into the SIP Peer Profile and make any change, save it and change it back.
(I changed the interconnect restriction)
This forces the trunk to re-register.

My questions are these:
1 - What would cause it to loose registration.
2 - Why wouldn't it simply retry to register on it's own without me having to reset the SIP Peer Profile.

Ralph

« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 08:04:28 AM by ralph »

Offline brantn

• View Profile
Re: Mitel 3300 SIP Trunk Looses Registration
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 04:37:39 PM »
1.) I would venture to say that Broadvox made some change on their SBC or 2 some other device is trying to use the account info those are the only times I have seen a registration issue outside of network/hardware issues.

2.) It does try again depending on heartbeat time set by the provider and controller depending on when it is set to reregister 60 minutes or so on. By editing the form you are simply forcing the reregister.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 09:35:49 PM »
2.) It does try again depending on heartbeat time set by the provider and controller depending on when it is set to reregister 60 minutes or so on. By editing the form you are simply forcing the reregister.

The trunks went down ~4:00 am.   I brought it up at 10:00AM.
I can't check the profile from where I'm at but it would appear it didn't try to re-register any time until I got to it.
Should I see a log of the retry?

Ralph
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 08:04:08 AM by ralph »

Offline brantn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 06:00:13 PM »
Yes you should see a reregister log I believe sounds like it is set for an extreme period of time at the vendor probably to minimize extra network traffic on their end. You should also see it by doing a sip capture.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 09:40:30 AM »
Here's where I'm at with this:
My SIP trunks are still loosing it's registration.
I have alarm emails turned on so the net effect is a get an Critical Alarm followed 1 second later by a clear.

I suppose I could live with that except every once in a while I get a log that says
"SIP trunk <carrier> Account <account> Registrar xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx failed to register due to incorrect username and/or password."

From there I have to make a modification to the SIP peer and then change it back.  This forces the registration again.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?   I'm struggling to figure out if I have a Mitel, firewall or carrier issue.

Working on getting a capture now from both the carrier and one on the Mitel.

Ralph

« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 08:05:00 AM by ralph »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10