Author Topic: 5110 soft phone no auido  (Read 2556 times)

Offline halfcrazy

• View Profile
5110 soft phone no auido
« on: March 17, 2012, 05:53:18 PM »
Ok this may be the wrong place for this but maybe someone can help. We have a Mitel phone system hardwired with some remote 5330 IP phones and a couple 5110 soft phones on the PC's We have experienced a weird issue starting Friday AM the 5110 phones work just perfect but there is no Audio either way. My IT guy tells me nothing changed on our end so I am really lost we have uninstalled and reinstalled the 5110's and also tried them on other computers to no avail. I have tried to call our installer but they do not have a clue about the Mitel stuff. The one time I tried to call Mitel I was told I could not call for support.

This has not been a pleasant experience and I have to say so far I am fairly disappointed. Any suggestions?

Ryan

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
Re: 5110 soft phone no auido
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 06:19:24 PM »
Something changed, you just have to make them dig deeper.  But first, can you be more specific about the softphone that's no longer working?  Specifically what software is it?  InterTel, Mitel UCA or something else?

Typically, it would be some kind of port in a firewall that's changed.  Or maybe a microsoft patch changed something on the PC in question.  More details will help with the direction.

good luck.

Offline halfcrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 07:03:15 PM »
Here is what I can tell you. 4 different computers 2 windows 7 machines one with windows updates turned off, 2 windows xp machines 1 of each are in NZ on a boat the other 2 are in Maine. The phones say 5110 soft phone and have a "Global IP Sound" on them. I have been told by my IT guy nothing has changed on the company firewall. I was also told we do not need to do anything to our personal Routers to make these work? These phones work on a Mitel system and we also have 4 5330 IP phones that work perfect one is at my local with the 2 laptops that do not work? I have hopefully attached a screen shot of the Soft Phone info.

2 things that would be a HUGE help. One would be someone we can call as our local phone service is not familiar with Mitel but sold and installed them. The other would be a list of necessary ports to open. Also do I need to do anything to the personal Router on my end?

Ryan

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 11:06:44 AM »
you don't list your area, so it's hard to suggest a local vendor for you to contact.  Needless to say, google "mitel dealer in Peoria" or wherever you are is a start.

One possibility, and it's a stretch, is that maybe the softphone licenses expired?  I don't think they have a time limit, but if they do, check that out.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10