Author Topic: Call Recording Question  (Read 2448 times)

Offline pakman

• View Profile
Call Recording Question
« on: March 08, 2012, 04:30:36 PM »
Hello,

Are current setup is on a 3300 this runs to an HP managed switch, I then have my call recording server plugged into the same HP switch. The call recording server is monitoring the port that the mitel is plugged into. Nothing has changed on the Mitel, Switch or call recording server that I know of. We did one night take down the call recording server and move the location in the rack and ever since then it won't record. We didn't move ports or anything else. The software we use is CallRex in case someone out there uses the same thing. If anyone has an idea as to why this would just stop or is aware of some service that needs to be running that I'm unaware of I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Call Recording Question
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 04:41:37 PM »
Are you sure that the HP port is still mirrored?
Odds are pretty good that you didn't plug into the CallRex into the same data port it was before.

Ralph

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 01:30:03 PM »
Hi Ralph,

Yeah I double checked that and made sure the configuration didn't change on the switch either. The only thing I can think of is if the CallRex tech missed something when we worked together. Thanks for the reply.

Offline Mitel100

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 05:43:15 PM »
If you run a wireshark trace on the callrex server can you see the Mitel Media being delivered into the NIC. If yes, then the call recording server has the problem.

Offline rogerlawrence

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 11:23:07 AM »
My bet is the Telrex server.  (We have random wierdness with our Telrex server.) Usually resolved by stopping the telrex services and restarting them.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10