Author Topic: Voicemail lock out  (Read 7417 times)

Offline luke0380

• View Profile
Voicemail lock out
« on: February 23, 2012, 02:25:07 PM »
Hi all.

Please excuse my lack of knowledge , I have just recently started a job where they use a Mitel phone system.  We have a large amount of 5320 phones.

We have support for the phone system, and i phoned them today because a user has locked out their voicemail.  They told me how to reset it but it didn't work.

I was told to use the software i had on my computer to switch off the voicemail lock out option and to input a new number/password into the users voicemail box. Once i was done switch the voicemail lockout option back on and ask the user to try , although she could get in on the new password, her voice mail was still locked.

Personally I don't think this was right and there should be somewhere to unlock the users voicemail but there was nothing obvious that i could find.  I would appreciate some help as the people who support the phonee system are very slow in getting back to us.

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
Re: Voicemail lock out
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 02:37:15 PM »
I don't have an answer for you just yet, but I have some suggestions to get there.

First, rather than focus on the model of the phone in question, you should validate that you are indeed working on a 5000 phone system.

Then, you are going to want to troubleshoot this yourself without involving the user.  That way, you'll be able to get the answer faster.  In other words, since you can reset the password, dial in as that user to see if you can access the voice mail system.

Then, you want to identify the voice mail system you are using.  Is it Enterprise, Basic or some other product?

Hope this helps you narrow down the issue.  Good luck.

Offline luke0380

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 02:55:03 PM »
Thanks mate .

I am completely new to the system , how do I identify the model number , is this through the software I use or physically walking up to the box and locating the information.

I think I know the software I log into, is Mitel Communications Director Release 4.0 SP1   

Also on a 5320 is it possible to access someone else voice mail other than my own , so I can test their voicemail ?

Offline akuhn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 03:00:43 PM »
To be honest, I'm not sure.  But when I run the admin software on my desktop to connect to the system, it says "5000" right at the top root of the system.  So I have a 5000 series.  That's a start.

Offline luke0380

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 03:46:17 PM »
I open some website in IE and browse.  I don't have an app.

I'm  not at work at the moment and I do not have access to work from home , but I will check tomorrow.

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 02:25:22 PM »
Hello

You have an MCD / 3300 system (MCD is Mitel Communication Director)

You'll need Ralph to move this post and your other one into the relevant forum!

Cheers

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10