Author Topic: Need to change voicemail - Noob  (Read 5246 times)

Offline shaunndiamond

• View Profile
Need to change voicemail - Noob
« on: February 22, 2012, 06:14:28 AM »
Hi everyone,

I am an I.T support analyst.  We usually have someone to escalate mitel requests to but unfortunately he has left the business and we have had no replacement for the last two weeks (I have had absolutely no experience with IP telephony though I am doing/learning basic requests myself in the interim..). I need all the help I can get!

One of our sites has a main phone number which they divert to night service after hours (they have programmed a night service button on the phone). I can see that the night service button programs a 'forward always' function to ext 2009 (the actual number being dialed is ##42009).

I know how to change a voicemail for a normal extention (dialing the hunt group for voicemail then entering mailbox number which is usually their extention then entering password and selecting the option to change greeting).

Problem here is that there is no user for ext 2009. It is not a hunt group or personal ring group.  The only reference to 2009 I can find is in call re-routing but this is about the limit of my knowledge..  When I dial 2009 the number on the phone is either 1701, 1702, 1703, or 1704.  When you dial each one of these numbers you get the same voicemail message.  I need to change this message but I dont know how.

I understand this is really really basic stuff, but I seriously have no support.  With a little guidance I could probably get this done?

Appreciate any help guys!!

Thanks

Offline NTEDave

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Need to change voicemail - Noob
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 07:48:28 AM »
Hello

This either isn't a Mitel (or Inter-Tel 5000) you are working on or someone has been monkeying about with the Feature codes.

The forward to ##42009 wouldn't do anything on a standard 5000, 4 2009 on it's own would actually do a Call Pick up.

Do you know what model the Telephone System is? Definately 5000 or could it be a 3300, possibly Asterisk with Mitel Phones running in SIP mode?

Do you have access to the configuration software for the system?

Offline shaunndiamond

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 03:07:42 PM »
Hi !

The phones we have are Mitel 5330's.  The system administration tool looks like this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33py9AHO-js

I do have access to the config software yes

Thanks for the reply!

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 03:18:06 PM »
That would be a Mitel 3300.
I'll move the topic to the 3300 Sub-forum.

Ralph

BTW: TransWest does some pretty good work with their videos.   Hopefully their people will stop in and say hello once in a while.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 03:23:42 PM by ralph »

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 04:13:03 PM »
Sounds like 2009 is a hunt group that is re-routed to the voicemail pilot number, and that 1701-1704 are the actual voicemail ports.

If you dial 2009 and when the message starts to play, press *, what prompt do you hear? (I'm trying to see if its an individual mailbox or the system auto-attendant.)

Offline shaunndiamond

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 10:52:18 PM »
Hi there,

I have dialed and pressed *

I get the message "Thank you for calling.. If you have a touchtone phone please enter the extension of the person you would like to reach.."

I have played around for a little bit - here is what I have done.

In maintenance and commands I have entered 'LOCATE NUMBER 2009'

- Returned: The number refers to an ACDII Path.

In Users and Device Configuration > ACD > ACD Paths > 2009 ---> Interflow Point Directory Number (I have no idea what this is) has a value of 2090  (I am taking a wild guess here)

In maintenance and commands I entered 'LOCATE NUMBER 2090'

- Returned: Refers to a Station (which I am assuming is a physical handset.. I could be wayy wrong)

I searched for 2090 in the user directory which happens to be there at have the name AHVM - Which I am assuming means After hours voice mail?!?! Hopefully this will work!!

I still dont know where the 1701 - 1704 comes from and what they do?

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 10:56:04 PM »
At this point, I would definitely say that 1701-1704 are the voicemail ports themselves.

Sounds like mailbox 2090 is indeed the mailbox who's greeting you want to change.

Offline shaunndiamond

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 11:06:00 PM »
I have changed and configured!  ;D Thanks bluewhite4 !! Ticket CLOSED!!!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10