Author Topic: Voice mail to e-mail sending "please enter your pass code" messages  (Read 2399 times)

Offline Pwalther

• View Profile
We are using Exchange 2010, when 4 of my users receive a voice mail via email. The first message is the correct one after that every minute the user will receive approx. 10 other messages stating "Please enter your passcode .... please enter your passcode Thankyou goodbye". Any idea's whats going wrong?

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Voice mail to e-mail sending "please enter your pass code" messages
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 06:00:57 AM »
Are you using Exchange as your VM?

In any case I suspect what's happening is that a mailbox is set for message delivery.  The vm will call your phone and attempt to deliver a message to you.  It rings your phone, when you answer it ask for your password.   In this case I suspect that the delivery attempt is ending up being rerouted back to voice mail, causing a new voice mail to be delivered.  An endless loop unless you can answer that call and enter your password.

Fastest way I know of to stop the problem is to delete the mailbox and recreate it.

Ralph

Offline Pwalther

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 03:33:25 AM »
Thanks Ralph any way of getting the controller to just mail the message without it phoning to deliver the message?

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 07:38:21 AM »
Your system has to be set up to allow for emailing but if it is, log into the PBX via IE, edit the mailbox and add in the email box.   You can choose to keep the messages in the mailbox or delete it after sending.

Ralph

Offline Pwalther

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 07:01:06 AM »
Thanks Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10