Author Topic: Suites Ext not appear when calling another Ext  (Read 2630 times)

Offline abonabeel

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Suites Ext not appear when calling another Ext
« on: February 09, 2012, 03:28:21 PM »
Dears,

any one had this before. I have an issue i configure Mitel 3300 ICP for Big Hotel and i am facing below issue:

They have 50 suites and in each suite they have 3 X IP Phones. as documentation on Mitel I have to configure each Ext under this suite as real Ext and Suite Pilot number will be as virtual. for example the suite pilot number is 7111 and the real Ext will be 1001,1002 and 1003. once you dial 7111 all the Ext will ring and that is what I want but the problem once you dial from one of this Ext you will see the real Ext ( example: 1001 ) not 7111  the pilot number. so, i need way to solve this issue that the pilot number of suite should be the caller ID.

so, i need help to solve this .....

abonabeel

Offline boycey9

• View Profile
Re: Suites Ext not appear when calling another Ext
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 03:43:13 PM »
not an expert on hotels so not sure this will work in your scenario especially if you have a pms system but on the old YA softphones I got around this issue in the tel dir, what i did was make the number private, this means only the name will show and not the number, I then modified the tel dir name as Joe Bloggs 7711 so the display would show the number I had added to the name.

Offline MitelMania

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 09:02:09 PM »
I typically always set up the extensions in the suite to be relate to the pilot numbers in some way..

pilot, 7111
ext 1 77111
ext 2 67111
ext 3 57111

this way when the front desk sees the caller ID, they know by training of the room easily...

the PMS sets the teldir entry against the suite pilot since that is what is programmed into the guest room assignment form...

its been a while since ive used suite services..  most hotels now days we just install 1 extension..  if its an IP phone we put in an IP base and multiple cordless handsets for the various areas of the suite..  much easier than messing with multiple phones when in hotels no one really uses the phone any more..
-Christopher

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 05:49:17 AM »
What version of software are you using?

I would presume there is an issue with the programming/software bug. See quote from helpfile (MCD 4.2):

For both incoming and outgoing calls involving Suite Extensions, the name delivered with the call is based on (in order of precedence when a name is programmed in the Telephone Directory):

Suite Pilot number
Primary Suite extension
Suite extension.

The number presented with the call is the Suite Pilot number.

Can you confirm your programming for the suite?

Offline abonabeel

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 08:30:35 AM »
Hi All,

thanks for reply. I fix the issue by adding the pilot number of suite to guest room forum under Hotel property management.

regards
Abonabeel

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10