Author Topic: MWI Button lights up but does nothing  (Read 3642 times)

Offline ucx

• View Profile
MWI Button lights up but does nothing
« on: February 02, 2012, 10:26:59 PM »
MCD 5.0 - Embedded VM
I have a phantom DN (2299) that routes to ring groups during the day and to voicemail at night. I have put a MWI button on the receptionists phone with the directory number of the extension (2299).
When a message is left, the button lights up, but when she presses it, nothing happens.

The system in question is in a cluster with my current system, but each is using their embedded VM. When I program a MWI button on my phone for my office partner's extension and leave him a message, my light starts up on the button and when I press it it takes me to his VM box, the same as would happen if I walked to his phone and pressed the VM button. This is the behaviour that I want; however the remote system isn't playing ball.

I have tried setting it up on other phones at the remote site - no change.
I have tried setting up a MWI button for a physical phone extension on the remote reception phone - does the same thing (nada).

With the systems being in a cluster, they have the same CoS and other settings as my system, yet they are behaving differently. Does anyone have any ideas? I have the messages emailling out (which suits my local office fine) but they really want a light at the remote site.

Thanks.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: MWI Button lights up but does nothing
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 06:09:27 AM »
Is the light stuck on or is the problem that when it's active and you press it, it doesn't do anything.  Does it go off after listening to the messages?

Ralph

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 07:18:33 AM »
Is the MB for the ring group on the same controller as the phone trying to access it or on a different one?

Offline boycey9

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 11:11:51 AM »
The port that is sending the MWI light is not in your voicemail huntgroup, Make sure  the last 3 ports (ie 18,19 and 20) are in your huntgroup. For less busy systems you may get away with onlt the last Two ports.

Offline ucx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2012, 06:37:29 PM »
Thanks for the replies.

Ralph: the issue is the light wouldn't light up even though there are new messages in the mailbox. I even made sure that the messages were left AFTER the button was programmed. Pressing the button does nothing.

Mattymayn: They are on the same controller. I tried programming a button on my phone (different controller) and it wouldn't work, btu I expected that.

boycey9: thanks, that worked! I had ports 1-11 in the Vm hunt group and 12-15 in the recorder hunt group and I totally missed that 16 wasn't in either. As soon as I put it into the main VM hunt group, the light started working.

Thanks everyone :D

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2012, 08:37:35 PM »
Glad to hear you got it sorted.

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10