Author Topic: New IP on MBG  (Read 2279 times)

Offline Mattmayn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
New IP on MBG
« on: February 23, 2012, 03:57:04 PM »
I have a customer with MBG that is changing their service providers and getting new public IPs. Is there a way that I can program a failover IP in the phones prior to the cut over so that once the IP is changed on the server the phones will sync back up and work?

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: New IP on MBG
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 07:33:00 PM »
Don't think so.   Not in TW mode.
I suppose you could set the phone up not in TW mode and set all settings statically.  Then you'd program the phone with 2 ICPs with the second one being the fail over.  But that sounds like a bigger headache than just walking the users through setting up the phone with the new MBG gateway.

Maybe someone has a youtube video online that shows how to put a phone in TW mode.  If you can find it, I'll put it online here.

Ralph

Offline boycey9

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 04:55:58 AM »
There is an option for this on 7.1 when using the SRC, not sure if this will work in straight TW mode but maybe worth a play.

Offline dilkie

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 02:41:12 PM »
Probably the easiest thing to do would be to use the "resiliency" list on MBG to program the new IP address that you will be receiving in the future along with the current IP address of MBG. This will be sent to the sets that connect as "persistent" addresses, IP's to try after a set re-boots.

That way, when you do switch providers, the set will attempt the old address, fail, then try the new address and succeed.

When MBG is moved to the new address, configure the resiliency address to only be the new address.

This is under the clustering->resiliency panel.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10