Author Topic: Call Flow  (Read 2357 times)

Offline pakman

• View Profile
Call Flow
« on: January 27, 2012, 04:31:27 PM »
Hello,

I'm trying to trace down the call flow of a particular location of ours. This was all setup before my time and I'm having some issues. 3300 platform version 4.1 sp2. I apologize in advance for this lengthier post just want to make sure I explain it to the best of my knowledge.
-Local calls come into a Trunk labeled "local lines" under call routing menu if I look at the 1st alt it shoots it over to a pilot number 5119 this is group directory number so anyone that is a member can pick up the calls if the first person doesn't pick up nor anyone after it get's to 5119 the second alt. shoots it to 6000 which is goes to a voice mail pilot.
-The problem is a couple of things if I just dial 6000 it just takes you into a generic vm asking for you to enter your mailbox number but if you call our main line and nobody picks up it goes to a voicemail I'm not sure which one it is or how since the 2nd alt is 6000.
-The other problem for me is the receptionist who answer's the main line has two key's on her phone Day mode and Night mode which are *900 and *902 when she puts it in Night Mode if you call our main line it goes straight into our IVR not the voicemail from above which is fine I just don't know how it get's there.

To recap I'm trying to understand exactly how calls come in and where they get routed to during the day and at night. I have half of the picture but cannot figure out the last half.

Hope somebody can help,

Thanks,

Offline uk_kenny

• View Profile
Re: Call Flow
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 05:06:26 AM »
HI,

If you look in your system speed calls do your DDI's or DID (depending on where you are) then point into a huntgroup or path?

Your 6000 sounds like it is your embedded voicemail huntgroup, you can check this by looking in the huntgroups form.

The voicemail system will be taking the number of the device/path/hunt group that the call has last passed through before hitting the voicemail group.

Day/Night routing is controlled via the call routing section in the call rerouting form which applies different routing rules based on the night services mode.

Thanks

Kenny

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10